One of My Own - Extras

Several months ago, Harry wouldn't have spared a thought at the fact that Y/N would move on from him and their relationship. Her exit from his life—well, as much as she could—granted him the conclusion that she had no intent on keeping connections with him unless it was a family urgent as he still is dating her sister.

So when Y/N walked in with a bright smile on her face, eyes wide open as she greeted every member of her family with her mom trailing by her side—he couldn't help but let his heart flutter. Harry had not seen Y/N ever since they broke up in this very home. She would always skip out on family dinners with excuses and whatnot—at least that's what her sister snarked out.

Her brother, Carlos, trudged down the stairs as soon as the doorbell rang, meeting Y/N just in time to greet her. The siblings hugged each other lovingly while Dani sat unbothered, tapping away on her phone. Harry smiled at the sight, preparing himself to stand up and greet her with a handshake but was stopped immediately in his tracks when he heard another voice accompanying what Harry recognized as Y/N's father's voice.

"Harry! Long time no see mate," Niall greeted happily, walking towards Harry's half bent stature.

Harry forced himself to smile as genuinely as he could. His jaw gnawing at the corners to keep it closed. Harry avoided Niall at all costs, afraid that the next time they saw each other would be the time when Niall would reveal a relationship sprouting between them. How ironic.

"This is Niall. My boyfriend," Y/N introduced shyly, stepping off to the side with her arms behind her back.

Y/N's father stood beside his wife, muttering lowly in her ear, "He's a better man for her," when he saw the concerned look overtake her features.

And it was a slight jab to Harry, but he guessed he deserved it for what he did to her anyway.

Carlos came up to Niall excitedly talking about soccer. Harry assumed Y/N mentioned that Niall had very interesting thoughts about the sport.

Y/N greeted her sister cautiously, not sure what type of attitude she would receive from her. Dani side-eyed Y/N but gave her a halfhearted hug anyway. The older couple announced everyone to make their way into the kitchen to which Dani sighed a breath of relief, quickly following the instruction.

Niall looked back to Y/N whilst Carlos spoke, asking her a silent question to which she smiled in response. Niall gave her a thumbs up before exiting the room, leaving behind Harry and Y/N yet to move.

To witness Y/N lovingly gazing at his former best friend was a sight he never thought he'd see. But really, he thought he would not do a lot of things and that was proven wrong. The butterflies were flying wild in his stomach, heartbeat pulsing in his ears and he swore his knees nearly gave out when Y/N finally turned her body towards him and said, "Hey Harry,"

She tilted her head to the side, lips curling upwards and Harry was rendered speechless at her soft voice and caring eyes staring directly at him. Y/N tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, looking at the floor shyly when he didn't respond and Harry swore he became more confused at the overlapping feelings he felt bursting inside of him.

He missed her. He really did.

He cleared his throat, "How have you been?" His hand caught the nape of his neck, rubbing slowly.

"Doing better,"