Sweater: the one where y/n steals harry's stuff and he wants it back

Summary: Y/N's cold and steals Harry's sweater

Warnings: fluff

Word Count: 1k

____

"Have you seen my hoodie?" Harry asks, walking towards the grey couch where Y/N was situated on. A bowl of popcorn was cradled between her crossed leg, hand in mid-dunk to grab a handful when she hears Harry's voice echo through the room.

"Nooo," She mumbles, filling her mouth with the buttery snack. "What hoodie?"

"The burgundy one," He states, opening the hallway closet to inspect the racks of coats and sweaters hoping to find the item he was looking for but to no avail.

Y/N feels a piece of popcorn spill out of her mouth right on the soft cushion. Her eyes widen in realization when she catches sight of the burgundy fabric she was currently wearing; the one Harry was searching for.

"It must be lost in the wash,"

"No, no," He says shaking his head, his head of curls bouncing with the slight movement. "I just did my laundry yesterday, I would've seen it,"

She gulps down kettle, arm snaking its way to reach for the glass of water evaporating against the brown coaster on the table. She was moving as slow as possible as to not attract Harry's attention on her- and the fabric that was keeping her protected from the harsh air. Y/N presses the glass against her pink lips, feeling the liquid soothe the dryness of her throat.

"You're wearing it, aren't you?" He leans over the back of the couch, watching as she tries to prevent herself from sputtering water back into the glass.

Her head whips to face him immediately only to be met with his face close to hers. A mischievous smile makes its way on his face while hers change to a look of utter surprise; she's been caught.

"Oh, this? I found it on your bed and I thought-,"

Harry interrupts her scrambling, "I've been searching for that for ages, bubs"

"'M sorry, H" Y/N stares into his green eyes, pleading to let this one go.

"'S not fair, you know"

Her mouth gapes and a crease forms between her brows at his words.

"You always steal my clothes but I can't even use yours,"

"Well, sorry you can't fit your big head over my shirts," She scoffs, turning her focus back on the show playing on the television. "And I'm not stealing, I'm borrowing them,"

He clicks his tongue in disagreement walking around the expanse of the couch to sit beside her. His bum meets the couch in a jolly bounce, making the bowl on her lap lean too much on one side.

"Harry!"

"Haven't seen my rose ring in a while," He says, wiggling the finger in front of her face where it usually rested which was now barren of any jewelry.

"You said I could have it," Y/N whines out while leaning little ways to place the bowl on the table so that she could sit properly.

"I said 'you could borrow it'" Harry lets his palm out-stretch towards as if to say 'give it back'. Y/N subconsciously twists the ring on her middle, the rose outline embedding itself on her fingertips. Her teeth grip onto her bottom lip nervously, heart fluttering against her chest when he asked for his ring back.

"Give me back my hair tie then," She stutters out in an effort to retaliate from Harry's words even though she was aware that he had returned the bubble a mere two weeks ago.

"I can't believe you're pulling that on me right now," He moves his body nearer to hers only for Y/N to pull back, feeling her back rest against the arm of the couch. "Y'know I gave that back to you ages ago,"

She huffs, pushing his broad chest softly to give her some space to bring her right arm in front of her. Y/N pulls the sleeve of the hoodie down slightly, just enough to showcase her wrist.

"Do you see this?" He nods, pursing his lips. "There's only three, Harry. Three,"

"And?"

"I usually have four so you didn't give it back,"

She crosses her arms over her chest in a meek defence when she hears Harry chuckle sarcastically.

"Gimme your other arm," She glares at him. 'Please,"

Harry's large hand makes her forearm seem smaller than it is. His fingers pull the fabric down, bunching up just above her elbow.

"That's because you're wearing the one I gave you right here,"

Y/N groans in defeat while Harry childishly bounces his knees in excitement, hands smacking in applaud of his victory.

"Fine, if you want it back that badly," Y/N takes hold of the bottom of the sweater, her shirt underneath pulls up with it showing her soft belly. His eyes fixate themselves on the exposed skin and Harry could feel his mouth become parched.

Y/N continues to tug the fabric over her chest and soon nears her head, pausing for a few seconds because of a gust washing over her body. Her spine tingles and she shivers from the cold. That was when Harry snaps out of his enchantment.

"Wait no," He voices out. The burgundy cloth prevents Y/N from seeing Harry as it was still stuck over her face.

A muffled "what" manages to shuffle its way through.

He sighs in defeat, "You can wear it,"

A louder, more high-pitched "what" screeches out of Y/N. Her raised arms wiggle from the entrapment of the sweater, frantically searching for a way out. Harry laughs at her struggle but nonetheless, scoots over to help her out.

Y/N exhales a huge breath of air once she's released, "Don't you want it back?"

"Don't wanna see my love cold," He states, twisting his body to reach for the emerald knitted blanket on the other side of the sofa. Harry flaps the blanket open and is met with Y/N's fond face watching him carefully.

"What's wrong?" He asks curiously.

"Nothing, you're a sweet talker,"

He drapes the blanket over both of their bodies in a slight struggle as Y/N places her head on his chest. His body heat warmed up her frigid body significantly with the added protection of the knit fabric above her. Harry pulls a corner to her chin, waiting for her to trap it in between because he knows she likes it that way.

"Just lovin' on you,"

___