Fries and Burgers: the one where harry and y/n go on a midnight date

Summary: Harry and Y/N go on a midnight date

Warnings: fluff!

Word Count: 609 words

____

"Are we on a date right now?"

Y/N looks up from eating her burger, chewing methodically to not choke. A smidge of ketchup stays on the corner of her lips and she nods.

"'Course we are,"

Harry bobs his head in acknowledgment, "Alright, gotcha"

He reaches over the table to grab a piece of Y/N's french fry spilling out of the paper container. It was half-past midnight and Y/N had woken up Harry only half an hour ago, pleading him to dress up and drive them to a 24-hour fast food joint.

--

"Harry" A whisper hisses beside his ear. He only swats his hand against the direction of the voice, drifting off back to sleep until it echoes again- more persistently.

"Harry!" He groans in response, deciding to make an effort to say that he had heard her.

Y/N's hand grips his shoulder and shakes him lightly as if she was jiggling the sleepiness off of his body.

"Harry,"

"W-what's wrong, Y/N?" His rough voice gruffs out, sitting up on his bum. His large hand balls into a fist rub the sleep out of his eyes. The bleary vignette of Y/N slowly clears up.

"Can we get some burgers, please?"

"Sure," He answers, scooting back to lay on his side of the bed.

"Harry" She states once again.

"Wha- you mean now?"

--

And that was how they ended up eating burgers with a side of fries at the brink of dawn, dressed in their matching plaid pyjamas. Harry's hair was sticking in different directions and Y/N's was not any better; frazzled and haggard from her movements during her sleep.

A slap on his hand prevents Harry's mission from acquiring a piece of her french fries.

"Hey! What'd you do that for," He whines out, clutching his hand as if it hurt that much.

"You have your own food right there," She points to the same container of fries just adjacent of her own where Harry tried to take some.

"Yours taste better though,"

"How does tha- you haven't tasted mine,"

"Exactly, I need to compare the two of them," He states, adding that he must be given a share of Y/N's fries; it must be done for science.

"You're absolutely ridiculous," She says through a mouthful of burger. Her free hand was covering the opening to her fries, shielding it away from Harry's view and from his sneaky, grabby hands.

"Me? You're the one who woke me up to get food!"

"Wha- are you complaining right now?" She retaliates knowing full well that Harry's tummy is happy right now from being filled with his own food.

He burps out in satisfaction, further proving Y/N's point to which he slouches against the back of his seat in a meek fashion.

"No"

"I thought so," She takes a gulp of her soda pop, feeling the fizzy beverage tickling her throat.

For the next five minutes, Harry picks on his potato fries; sluggishly picking an oily piece up and chewing it adamantly in his mouth. His jaw slacks and tightens while he munches on it. His lips set in a semi-permanent pout, watching her with sad puppy eyes.

She feels a strong pull at her heart, making her sigh at the sight in front of her.

"Here you go," She offers him some of her fries, stretching her arm towards him and dangling the container in front of his hand.

Harry's eyes immediately light up in happiness, a smile stretching across his face with his teeth baring in a gleaming grin.

"Thank you, Y/N"

"We should have dates like this more often,"

____

i find this so cute!