Thirty Two

The next time I awaken it is to a much gentler crooning... No tears present as Emrys's voice is kept just gentle enough to wake me, the light brushing of his knuckles over my cheek tender and sweet as he rouses me from a sleep that had left me feeling so refreshed due to our late night consoling of one and other, our bond having been deepened with tearful truths and affection so truly intimate that I had almost asked if I could excuse myself in order to let my cheeks cool the heat that had risen in them. 

The memory of the soft kisses and the desperate way my love had clung to me once we had properly expressed our emotions to each other making me feel more cherished than anything else in this world, the smile that works its way into his voice when I finally blink myself awake one that has my own face mirroring his own blurry visage.

"Good morning, Rayne..." The greeting is delivered with the most tender of kisses, his hand turning so that he might cup my cheek and hold me still so that he might taste the remnants of what the flavor of his own lips had been when he had held me just like this last night... When he pulls away I don't even question the urge I have to follow him and pull him back down for more, a song of happiness trying to bubble up in my throat despite the fact that my lips are quite busy at the moment, a chuckle leaving Emrys as he nips at my bottom lip in the most affectionate way.

...

Emrys

...

As lovely as yesterday morning was being able to share Rayne's joyful awakening with his family, I do so much prefer waking up like this... Alone, just the two of us and the delightful giggles that spill from my Moon Beam when I pull my mouth away from his lips and kiss my way down his jaw to kiss the love bite that he had allowed me to leave last night when we were both so very raw, the forgiveness that had been tasted in his kisses a drug that had almost clouded my mind past all reason... If my lovely sliver of starlight hadn't thought to stop us I think both of us would have been very content to consummate our bond last night in the heat of the moment...

I had been so moved by the love I already carry for the beautiful being currently pressing his body into mine, his face giving my chest the fondest of nuzzles while he plasters his still sleepy form against me... And I still feel so moved by it... It's all too easy to ease myself up until I can lean against our headboard before helping him climb up my torso so that he might take his place in my lap right where he belongs and where I think I will always want him.

"How did you sleep, my Love?" His question is so gentle and thoughtful as he breathes the words into the crook of my neck, a kiss to follow that has me tightening my hold on him just as Kavya knocks and announces the maids that have not waited to see what we might want brought up from the kitchens to break our fast with, instead bringing a variety of dishes just as they had yesterday, all of them giggling as I adjust the blankets over my Moon Beam's lap to ensure that both of us are properly covered. 

"I slept very well, Darling. What about you?" He had been reluctant to try the sedative again, but my fiancee's new guard luckily takes their new positions by his side very seriously. Both Kavya and Ronin had stepped forward to volunteer to take a dose before him in order to test the new batch of medicine for safety. Once we had been assured that there was indeed no poison he had settled on taking half a dose, just enough to let his rest become peaceful enough for him to sleep through the night... And it had been a very wise decision in the end, the deep rest having been enough to spur the rest of the bruises to dissolve from his beautiful face, the only marring of his skin being right over his broken ribs though the bruising there has also significantly lightened. 

"I slept very well... Very well, indeed..." The giggle that comes as his answer delights me as the maids take it upon themselves to arrange the dishes around us so that they won't be knocked off if we shift about, our tasters having already set themselves to the task of testing all of the dishes while I focus on eliciting more delicate laughter from my bride. 

...

Rayne

...

"The sleep did you well, your bruises have all almost healed... How are your eyes?" I almost do not hear my loving future husband as he murmurs to me, his hand rubbing my back just as the maids start to make their exit, the blurred figures of who I can only assume are our tasters following them as they take their leave, my fiance and I finally all alone once again. 

I hate to tell him this... I truly do... "Even though the headache is nearly gone... My eyes are still not yet cleared... Though I can say that it is improved since yesterday." Now if I squint while still so close to him I can make out more of the details of his face than I had been able to yesterday... His handsomeness may be even more pronounced than I remember it on the night of the ball as my palm finds his cheek in order to draw his face down just long enough for me to steal a kiss of my own to cherish and relish the way his body heats itself over my gentle daring before the joining of our lips melts from an actual kiss into the pressing of our smiles together before we separate, Emrys immediately setting himself to the task of feeding me himself, the first bite of our meal being pressed to my lips by his fingers while we both settle in for a long morning of holding each other and resting tucked away safely from the rest of the world.