Thirty Five

"I adore it when you call me that...Say it again..." I order my sweet Moon Beam as though he actually has a chance to do anything other than giggle in between the kisses I cannot keep myself from showering him with, the taste of his lips this morning too delicious to resist, his eyes tracking me with such purpose as his fingers tangle themselves in my hair. 

"Em-Emmy!" The nickname comes out as a squeal as I dive for his neck to nuzzle him and prevent myself from getting carried away with him, my beast's enthusiasm for the way he feels so carefully pinned underneath us increasing with every passing moment.

After all the rest we had gotten yesterday the dazzling shard of starlight that had pierced my heart so quickly and effortlessly had flourished, his side barely tender when we had awoken this morning, his sight not entirely returned, but improved enough to make out my face when I am near him... Something that had made him maddeningly shy, the flush that had filled his cheeks when he had mumbled the sweet uttering of his affectionate nickname for me what had started my aggression towards his lips. 

...

Rayne

...

I could burst with how delightful it feels to be fussed upon by my sweet Prince, his beautiful face finally revealed to me just enough for me to appreciate the strength of his jawline and the tenderness in his gaze whenever he turns those brilliant hazel eyes my way... Which he does quite often. 

He's barely looked away from me since waking me with another sweet serenade, the two of us having decided that we would be joining the rest of the palace for breakfast instead of staying in bed, my need to see my family great... Though not great enough to ask them into the sanctuary that I had begun to view our shared chambers as... And the thought of venturing out back into the palace knowing that the King himself does not care for my presence here less daunting after Emrys so kindly explained to me the other night that Kavya and Ronin are loyal to me... And me only... That the only other person they that could ever conceivably draw them away from my side is the wife that they share and keep securely tucked out of sight so that he might be safe from anyone who might want to try and manipulate them against me... 

Between the two of them along with Indra and Bohdi by our sides I can truly believe that I am absolutely protected from any more spiteful beatings or cruel words... Not that I think Emrys himself can't protect me... Just that in almost any circumstances in order to protect or defend me he would have to leave my immediate side... And I do not think either of us can stand the thought of even attempting to part from each other even this early on... 

"Moon Beam... Marry me you impossibly beautiful creature you!" The way Emrys groans the words into my flesh you would think that the two of us aren't already engaged and incredibly excited for me to wear his brand, the flesh of my back crawling with the breathless excitement that rushes through me at the thought of being claimed by the very dragon that had brought me to my knees what seems so long ago. 

...

Emrys

...

"Of course I shall marry you, Sweet Prince..." Rayne croons the words into my hair with the sweetest of chuckles as he finds my ear and kisses it with a playful peck that causes color to rise in my cheeks, "But it will have to be after we break our fast. You can hardly expect either of us to be ready on an empty stomach."

It's impossible not to laugh at how dryly he delivers his punchline, his wit something that had emerged late last night when he had needed to wake me to be guided to the chamber pot to relieve himself, a joke I do believe he learned from Akeno when his Mother obviously had not been present spilling from his lips, a drowsy riotous poem involving some very creative nicknames for a phallus that had fallen off and wandered into a bathhouse.  He had barely been awake enough to recite it correctly, and it had stunned me into a fit of laughter so loud that it had woken Indra and Kavya, our four personal guards having arranged to sleep in shifts, and had brought the lot of them bursting through to see what could possibly be happening in the middle of the night to cause such an uproar. 

My milky cloud himself seems to be quite spirited when he lets himself say what's on his mind, and the thought of always being kept on my toes rather makes me smile, a chuckle leaving me as I remember with a fondness the line in his poem of just how happy a husband can make his wife, "I shall keep you happy...Stay in this bed and fed your soul shall be... Along with your..."

It's wonderful to watch the flush that explodes in his cheeks when I finally lift my face in order to steal another kiss from his kiss-swollen lips, their lushness only partially of my own making... And a sight I thoroughly enjoy when I pull away from him, his hands pulling themselves from my hair so that he might fan his face to disperse some of the heat that had gathered there. 

"Yes, indeed you will, Emmy..." It's quiet... But it nearly gives me pause as I start to finally climb from our bed, the heated look that gets tossed over my shoulder seen and appreciated as Rayne sits up and leans against the headboard, the blankets being pulled up to his chin while he waits patiently for me to find him a robe in all of the luggage that Akeno had had brought up for my delicate fiancee, though I am tempted to put in one of my own robes again, the image of him wearing the painted silk so gracefully haunting me every time I close my eyes...