Forty Two

It is most endearing to watch Kavya and Ronin let themselves into their new chamber, their beasts crooning to the petite creature they had somehow managed to convince to accept both of them as husbands, a rustling to be heard as India abandons whatever scroll he's been busy pouring himself over to stand and rush to his husbands, the poor thing tripping on the edges of his robes ever gracefully... Only to tumble right into Ronin who simply cradles him with a smile before turning to open his arms also to Kavya, who gladly joins their embrace with an intimacy that shows me that there is no inequality between the three of them... Just pure love and affection for each other that absolutely warms my heart to see and has me pulling my own little wife closer, a fond kiss being pressed to my sweet Moon Beam's hair while we wait for the little runt to be presented to us with all of the affection that his husbands can muster... 

...

Rayne

...

"Y-You're Highness...We are pleased to present to you our wife, India..."  The way Kavya whispers the words you can tell how much he adores his wife, the tender way that he and Ronin walk India all the way up to me so that I might understand the blur that the three of them appear as so far away from me... And he is so pretty once he finally comes into focus, three sets of hands centered around what one might hesitate to call the beginnings of a baby bump as his husbands cradle him in the center of them, their arms a tangled mess that seems so intricate but also so comfortable and easy for the three of them... 

And I have to say I already feel enraptured in the shy smile I am given with the bow that I have to reach out to him in order to stop, Emrys allowing me to pull myself from his arms to plant myself in front of lovely India as he shivers under my blurred gaze and offers up, "Y-Your Majesty... May I assist you with something?"

"Rayne... Please, just call me Rayne... And no... I simply had wished to introduce myself before Emrys and I commit to resting for the day..." But I am feeling more exhausted now than I had been when Mama had been trying to weasel her way back into our chambers so that she might stay with me and busy herself with twisting my hair back into fashion or cooing over just how obvious my sweet Prince's affection for me is... As much as I want to stay and get to know the gentle being who seems just as shy as I myself am that will now be staying here in our personal chambers... His husbands committed to guarding me with their very lives... That alone should tell him that there should be no formality between us... Not really, for he is the only other person in this entire world who could ever sway the two of them away from me, "I am hoping that the two of us might be friends... If you would not mind it."

...

Emrys

...

No matter who it is with, watching Rayne interact with people is maybe the most charming thing to have ever graced my sights... My sweet bride trying to restrain himself to only reaching for India's hands instead of pulling the young scholar into an embrace like I can tell that he wants to, India's disarmingly innocent visage complete with permanently rosey cheeks and quivering pools of moss-laden water highlighting his milken complexion just so that it tends to bring out the nurturer in all of us... His charm is not unlike that of Rayne's in the way his countenance almost demands to be doted on so that he might gift us with the same exact smile that is sitting on his face right at this very moment as he returns the squeeze that my gentle shard of starlight gives to his palms, "Friends? I would absolutely adore your friendship... Queen Rayne."

My fiancee wastes no time in pulling his fellow runt into an embrace to finally satisfy the urge that has been making him lean into India's willowy countenance in all of his happiness, tiny chirps springing up from them both as they start to foster a connection I think might put them both more at ease here in their new shared home, India being the one to pull himself away first as I close the space between myself and my Moon Beam, my hand finding his back as he straightens up again with a smile that matches that of the tiny scholar's, "But I must insist that we table the topic on getting to one and other until you have satisfied your need for rest!" 

"Of course! I am sure you must have much to do, new friend!" my tender Love gives a very elegant flex of his body... And for a moment I do not understand the motion... But then as I see India curl around his midriff in a protective and happy shiver I realize that Rayne's gesture was him miming rubbing his own belly... One that would also one day grow nice and round with a child... A child of our own making, the very idea one that has me wrapping my arms around the beautiful nymph that has turned my heart into his own personal forest to frolic through and call his home so that I might turn us away from his new acquaintance as India lets himself be captured in the arms of the soldiers who love him just as much as I love Rayne in a way that makes more than one of us chuckle as it dawns on the married threesome just exactly what thoughts must be plaguing my bride and I at this very moment... 

The wonderful feeling in my growing in my belly glowing almost as brightly as the fire that belongs to the beast that lives inside me...The thought of finally being able to enjoy life here in the palace once again no matter if I have to chase my father away from the throne spewing flames and billowing smoke the entire time to ensure that he never rears his ugly attitude in a way that can poison this court ever again... And then being able to relax into the new state of peace with a happy wife and children running about... 

It takes me a moment to recognize what this feeling is...

 Calmness...