Fifty Six

When the morning comes it's first rays of light do nothing to soothe any of us... Especially not Rayne...My Moon Beam timid once more after calming down enough last night for me to enlighten him on the current situation... Something I had not done lightly, but something had to be done to abate the nightmares of Hirai breaking into our room somehow while we rest, and I knew no other way to put those dreams to rest than to inform my sweet shard of starlight that that damned Hirai had never violated our rooms in the first place, though telling him it had been my Father who likely harmed him the second time not necessarily my most wise decision, but a fair one... He has a right to know what is going on so that he can better be on the lookout for any signs of Father's brand of malicious mischief...  And the end result that we had been left with is a shivering Rayne clinging to me instead of attempting to go back to sleep, his ears needing to hear affirmations of love from my own mouth to assure him that he is right where he is supposed to be... That he does not need to leave, and that his place will forever be by my side to convince him not to flee the palace right then and there. 

He had been in favor of gathering his family up and leaving in the middle of the night for he feels as though he is not wanted here in the palace, but he very truly is needed... 

And so is the wedding. 

I had almost called for a priest in the night, the faster the two of us are officially wed the faster we can force my father out of any position of power and banish him and his soured constitution out to the mountains where none of us ever have to hear from him again, the phallus of Shen Hirai the only company I am willing to let him take with him on the forced expedition, what he chooses to do with it after it is given as his only parting gift I care not, as long as I never have to see his cursed visage before my eyes ever again... But my Moon Beam had wanted to wait until at least this morning to be able to involve his family without raising any alarm as to why all of us might be up in the middle of the night sending for priests.

I know not what the others might say at the sudden turn of events, the official wedding date still to be held, our marriage to happen for all intents and purposes under the radar so that when we do force Father from the throne he is unprepared and unable to formulate a true way of trying to keep it from me when the law is clearly in my favor despite his efforts to rob me of a lifetime of happiness with my sweet Moon Beam... 

I just don't understand why... Why would he wish such a fare upon his own son? Why does he find Rayne's presence here in the palace so offensive... It makes absolutely no sense to my mind... All I ever wanted to do was relieve him of his duty so that his mind might finally be at rest... So he can escape the life he clearly hates so much surrounded by all of us and be free of the responsibility he seems to resent so much... I just don't find it within the capability of my mind to figure out his line of thought or how he might come to the conclusion that hurting me... hurting Rayne... Would bring him any kind of true pleasure at all instead of finally being able to escape. 

...

Rayne

...

Emrys had asked me time and time again if I would object to the two of us being wed sooner rather than later if it comes down to needing to remove his father from the royal equation, and time and time again I've told him I am ready to follow him through anything, my savior and soulmate... My strong... Sweet Prince that saves me not only from the true terror that life has presented me as of late, and from the night terrors that sprung up because of it... He has not missed a single beat with me since asking me to dance, and even though it is not the courtship either of us dreamed of or hoped for... We have made due, and are in fact likely closer than we would have found ourselves if his father and the Hirai's had not proved themselves to the most awful of men and beast... We... I... Would have likely been to shy to actually relax in front of him at this point... And he would likely be fluffing his scales and sitting with his shoulders forced back trying to convince me of his strength and stature... And I cannot be more glad that the two of us have been able to skip all of that unnecessary trepidation and nervousness, even if it means suffering the trauma that we've been through together...

The next time I find myself faced with cruelty of any kind... Any time any harm is aimed towards me... There shall be an entire military at my disposal, Cho having sworn his loyalties to Emrys and I exclusively days ago, his soldiers tired of the abuse they have suffered under the hands of King Xiang and eager to see to his removal, along with all of the other toxic people who have haunted this court and kingdom for far too long... Indra and Bohdi both nearly blinded with glee when we had called for them to wake Kavya and Ronin and join us last night so that we might fill them in on the fact that we will be going with the secondary plan because King Xiang is in play, and we can wait no longer... The two of them apparently having wanted to remove His Royal Highness from his throne long ago with how rudely he treats Emrys...

It seems as though the entire Kingdom is ready for this man and his awful behavior to be cleared from the air, along with all of his lackeys... It is time for a new beginning. One that shall never be able to spawn the evils that King Xiang has allowed to grow unchecked and unattended.