01

"Fuck, I need money." Jungkook said, falling onto his bed after returning from his final class. He was currently in university and with the amount of course work he was set to do, finding a decent job to suit his classes was tough. No place of employment nearby had working hours that fit with his schedule. Thankfully, the semester had just ended and now the entire campus was on a lengthy summer break.

He sighed to himself, rubbing his hands on his temples whilst looking up to the ceiling. "Maybe I should find a dumb job and make some money since it's summer." The relief of having no more classes for the next two months brought satisfaction to Jungkook's mind. "Or... I could go to parties and fuck some girls! It's been a while and I just wanna dick down somebody asap."

Then it occurred to him. "I should become a male stripper! Make money, and get girls drooling all over me... That would be so-"

"Oh my God. Shut the fuck up, Jeon." A voice groaned from outside his bedroom door, and Jungkook immediately sat up to see who it was.

"Ah, it's you." Jungkook huffed out, getting up and walking towards the owner of the voice. "What do you want, Eunwoo?"

"For you to stop making so much noise. It's either you're banging someone, complaining about money, or just creating a ruckus. Be a decent roommate and keep it down." Eunwoo was fed up with Jungkook constantly disturbing him, especially since their walls were thin and concealed little to no sound. "It's summer now so we don't have classes. Why don't you just find a job?"

Jungkook bit his bottom lip, shaking his head slightly as he looked away from Eunwoo's gaze. "But this would be the perfect time to find girls! There's gonna be so many summer parties I'll be missing out on with some dumb job. We need to just relax and have some fun."

The other tsked and began walking away, which Jungkook quickly responded to.

"Hey! Where are you going?"

"Jeon, you seriously need to stop this fuck boy act. Yeah, sure. Parties are fun and good to steam off but aren't you already struggling to afford this room? You aren't on a scholarship and your parents are already trying their hardest to afford what they can. Use your time wisely. Go ahead and party everyday, have that rush for a second. Or be responsible for once and find a decent job. Your future, your loss." And with that, Eunwoo entered his room and shut the door behind him, leaving Jungkook with a confused and startled face.

He turned around and mumbled to himself, closing his own door behind him and settling onto his desk chair. "My future, my loss? Is it even that deep that I just wanna party and have fun? What's so bad about it, ugh."

Then he thought about it further, head racing with ideas and doubts. "Ok... Maybe he's right. I should find a way to get money to help my parents. But it's not like there's gonna be anything open now, everyone's taking up the jobs because it's summer."

Jungkook face palmed, realising his situation. He was a hopeless student with average grades and an average interaction within the classroom. However, his social life was high. He would often go out and waste his time with weekend races, drinking the night away whilst hooking up with someone new almost every time.

It was great that he knew everybody and everybody knew him. Even so, knowing people around on campus would be useless if he couldn't utilise these social interactions for his future career.

Perhaps he could finally use this time to turn his life around make some money, focus on school and get a stable relationship. Jungkook wanted all of the above, yet didn't have a pen to tick the boxes. "But where do I even start?"

He logged into his laptop and scrolled down to local recruitments, attempting to secure a part time job with his already shitty resume. There were surprisingly more online than he had expected, but most blew away from Jungkook's interest. They were all just so plain and boring.