08

A knock in the rhythm of that one Disney Frozen song played on Jungkook's door and he sprung up. "Hi, can I come in?" He heard someone ask from the other end.

Jungkook hummed and the door opened, a head peeping over to reveal a bubbly Hoseok. "Hi Jungkook, everyone is waiting for yo- Oh no. Hey? What's wrong?" Hoseok immediately entered the room and closed the door behind him, seating himself next to Jungkook as he questioned his miserable look. "Are you okay?"

The younger looked down sulkily with pouty lips and nodded. "Yeah..." He whispered in the tiniest voice and although he wasn't in the best of moods, Hoseok wanted to squish him from how cute he looked.

Jungkook was clearly bothered by something and after connecting some dots from, he was able to conclude it was because of Taehyung.

"Did you and Taehyung have a fall out?" Hoseok rubbed Jungkook's back in an effort to comfort the younger.

"How did you know?" Jungkook muttered, eyes now staring at Hoseok with a wet gleam to them. Was he crying before Hoseok came in?

"Don't cry, no..." Hoseok brought Jungkook into an instant hug after seeing his lips quiver and fingers tremble, wrapping his arms around the younger tightly. He soothed him with more  back rubs and Jungkook fell into the warm gesture.

It was silent for a good minute or two, the time filled with Hoseok's faint singing. Then Jungkook softly spoke up. "H-how did you know it was about Taehyung? Did he tell you?" He whispered, worried that Taehyung might've revealed what they fought about to the others.

"Seokjin sent a message on the group chat for everyone to go to the front because they're releasing episode one today. Taehyung came in alone and seemed oddly quiet. I kinda guessed it was that since you were here by yourself, upset too." Hoseok played with Jungkook's hair, massaging his scalp in a slow motion. "So did you guys fight?"

Jungkook frowned.

"What did that idiot do to you?"

The younger tensed up from those words, and immediately released from the hug. "Don't call him an idiot! It's not a nice word." He mumbled and faced away, shocking Hoseok with his sudden exclamation and impulsive retraction.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You guys are close, right? I shouldn't have said that." Hoseok thought it was because of Jungkook and Taehyung's close relations that got him to react with hostility.

"No. We aren't. And even if we were, idiot' is just not a nice word so don't say it." Hoseok was so perplexed by Jungkook's words. Never had he ever thought 'idiot' could possibly be overly offensive in any way, so for Jungkook to be this sensitive about it must've had a deeper meaning to it. Especially if he was even defending Taehyung, the guy he was currently upset about, from the word.

How could idiot be that bad anyway?

Hoseok pulled Jungkook into his embrace again, the younger falling into his collar and sniffling gently. The aroma that relieved itself from Hoseok's body was gentle to his nostrils.
"I won't say it again. Come here, baby boy."

Jungkook chewed onto his own lips nervously. "Please don't call me 'baby boy' either. I don't like it when you say it." He quietly added and Hoseok immediately nodded, trying his best to comfort the sulky baby in his arms.