nineteen.

Third Person POV

Every night of the week, Hyunjin would say the same line to Heejin, and every night she wouldn't get the answer she wanted.

"Heejin?" Hyunjin asked that night, but half of her had already given up.
"I know," Heejin said, already knowing what was going to be said.
Hyunjin scoffed, and got out of the bed making her way to the beanbag. Heejin noticed the moving girl, and sat up.
"Stop trying to 'let me down' easy," Hyunjin said, lying on the beanbag.
Heejin stared at the latter, debating whether or not she would do anything. Ultimately, she got up.

Squatting down, Heejin looked at Hyunjin. A few seconds of awkwardness past, before Heejin jumped onto Hyunjin. Hyunjin groaned out in pain, as Heejin landed on her lap. Heejin wrapped her tiny arms around Hyunjin's neck, and snuggled her head into the latter's collarbone.
"Goodnight, Hyunjin-ssi," Heejin said.
No words came out of Hyunjin's mouth. She was trying her very best to keep her cool.

Eventually, Hyunjin fell asleep. Heejin, on the other hand, couldn't, she sat awake. It wasn't that she didn't like the girl, she really did like Hyunjin. But, she knew it wouldn't work out given the circumstances. Heejin let a loud sigh, and gently ran her fingers threw the sleeping girls hair before sleeping herself.

Timeskip to the Weekend

It was about 5:00PM, Heejin sat on her bed with a laptop on her lap, trying to finish her work for the week.

*Knock*
*Knock*
*Knock*

Heejin whipped her head at the sound. It was someone at the window. Heejin walked up to the window realizing it who it was. Hyunjin, of course.
"What took you so long?" Hyunjin said, looking flushed. She plopped her bag down and laid on the bed. Heejin resumes her work, as if nothing happened.

Minutes of silence went by until Hyunjin finally spoke out.
"You look pretty," she said, lying on her back staring at the working girl.
Heejin became a light pink the second she heard the statement.
"Um thanks," she said giving a little smile.
Hyunjin rolled to Heejin and placed her head over the laptop.
"I'm being serious, you look pretty," Hyunjin said poking Heejin's cheek.
Before Heejin could respond, she smelled the faint scent of alcohol. She sniffed more until realizing where it came from.
"Hyunjin?" She said looking down at the girl. Hyunjin hummed back. "Are you...drunk?" Heejin asked.
"No, just a bit tipsy," Hyunjin responded gesturing the 'a bit' (🤏).
"Yeah, of course," Heejin said not believing the latter in the slightest.
In the matter of seconds, Hyunjin fell asleep right on Heejin's lap. Heejin closed her laptop, knowing there would be no way she would finish any work.

Not a single sound came out o Hyunjin as she slept. Heejin watched the girl sleep, tucking a bit of (Hyunjin's) hair back to her ear. She softly traced the details on Hyunjin's face, her jawline, the side of her face, and her nose. Heejin softly brushed her thumb over Hyunjin's lip. She slowly combed Hyunjin's hair with her fingers.

*Bang*

Heejin looked up at the noise.
"Heejin, oh-," Haseul started to say, stopping when she realized Hyunjin
"Heejin-ah, are you sure about this," Haseul asked sitting on the side of the bed.
Heejin looked down at the sleeping girl.
"She wouldn't do anything right?," Heejin thought to herself. Looking back up, she gave a tiny nod.
"Anyways, I was gonna tell you that Yeojin and I aren't gonna be home for the weekend, something about... I don't even know what, but don't do anything stupid," Haseul said, squeezing Heejin's shoulder before leaving.

Hyunjin woke up and immediately felt a light headache, she sat up and massaged her temples.
"Your awake," Heejin said sitting right beside her. Hyunjin nodded still massaging her temples. She saw that Heejin was eating ramen, and stared at the pot waiting for an offer.
"...Do you want some?" Heejin asked holding out the pot.
"Well, if you insist," Hyunjin said grabbing the chopsticks and eating the noodles.
A small laugh came out of Heejin as she watched the slightly hungover girl practically devour the noodles.
After finishing, Hyunjin groaned and smacked her head into a pillow. Heejin left the room with the pot, coming back, she switched the lights off and went under the covers.
"Goodnight, Hyunjin-ssi," she said.

Hyunjin couldn't sleep. She stayed awake, staring at the ceiling for whoever knows how long. She checked the time one her phone, it was 10:00PM. She stared back at the ceiling.
"Heejin?" She said.
"What," Heejin responded.
"Are you awake?" She asked
"No," Heejin said.
Hyunjin turned to face Heejin, and repeatedly poked the girls cheek until she woke up. In the matter of seconds, Heejin opened her eyed and slapped Hyunjin's finger away.
"What?" She said sitting up.
"Are you tired?" Hyunjin asked.
"Not really," Heejin said. Hyunjin leaned closer to Heejin and said,"I have two bottles of soju in my bag,"
"You've gotten drunk once already," Heejin said.
"So what? I'm a heavyweight, I can deal with one bottle of soju," Hyunjin said grabbing her bag. "You'll just drink one bottle, and you don't even need to finish it," Hyunjin said.
Heejin thought about it. She was bored, and nobody was home. So she accepted.

The two of them sat on the roof, shoulder to shoulder. Heejin never drank before, and she was aware this was considered underage drinking. But it was too late, she was already a bit drunk. Hyunjin, on the other hand, was unbothered. She watched as Heejin got drunker by the minute.
"Lightweight," Hyunjin made a mental note.

Laughing coming from Heejin was heard every second. Heejin took Hyunjin's bottle and completely downed it. Heejin was dancing all over the place to non existent music. As Hyunjin watched, she grabbed a cigarette and placed it in between her lips. Before she could light it, Heejin came and sat on her lap.
"Hey! *hiccup* no*hiccup* smoking *hiccup*," Heejin tried saying. "You have *hiccup* me," Heejin said, pointing to herself. "That should *hiccup* be enough," Heejin said, snuggling her head into Hyunjin's neck.
Hyunjin wrapped her arms around Heejin's waist.
"You?" Hyunjin asked. She felt Heejin nod. "It's just drunk you talking,"
"No," Heejin said looking at Hyunjin "I'm serious,"
"Sure you are," Hyunjin said.
Heejin stared at Hyunjin. Even drunk, she could still see how her eyes sparkled when the moon hit them. She could hear the faint sound of Hyunjin calling her name, but she ignored it.  Heejin subconsciously looked down to Hyunjin's lips.
"Heejin? Heejin? Hello?" Hyunjin said.
Heejin looked at the latter's lips, then to her eyes, then back down to her lips. "Fuck it," she thought, right before she practically smashed her lips onto the  others.

Hyunjin was taken aback. She looked at Heejin with her eyes open in complete shock. She started to feel Heejin pull away, but pulled Heejin back. She felt as a smile formed onto Heejin's lips.

The two made their way back to Heejin's room, then to the bed.
"No regrets, Jeon Heejin?" Hyunjin asked whilst on top of the girl.
"No regrets," Heejin assured.

-
I COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO WRITE IT I LITERALLY COULDNT DO IT.

anyways vote pls 😔