twenty two.

Third Person POV

It was around 8:00PM, and Hyunjin walked alone to Heejin's apartment complex. The pouring rain soaked her school uniform.

She stood outside of the apartment complex contemplating whether she should go in through the window, or the front door.
"The window, of course," Hyunjin said to herself as she climbed the fire escape to Heejin's room.
She stopped outside near the window and slid on a mask to hide her lip before entering.

Hyunjin quickly slid inside the room, and closed the window. She took off her soaking blazer and placed it on the desk beside her.

*Thunk*

"Oh," Heejin said once she opened the door. "You know you can come in using the front door right?" She said pointing to the living room.
"There's no fun in that," Hyunjin said, her voice a bit muffled.

Hyunjin quickly made her way to the bathroom, not furthering the conversation. Inside, she washed her hair and threw on a pair of fresh clothes. Just as she was about to leave, she stopped to look at her lip. Seeing that it was still very noticeable, she put the mask back on and then left.

Outside, she made her way to the beanbags and sat right next to the reading Heejin. Putting her head on the latter's shoulder, Hyunjin asked "So how'd Haseul unnie take it?"
"Take what," Heejin asked putting down her book.
Hyunjin poked the un-healed spots on the girls neck in response. Heejin took a moment to think about it before responding.

Flashback

"JEON HEEJIN I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO ANYTHING STUPID," Haseul screamed as she chased Heejin.
"IM SORRY," Heejin yelled, as she got tackled to the ground.
The moment she hit the floor was the last thing she remembered. The rest was a blur.

End of Flashback

"She took it pretty well," Heejin said as she got out of her trance. Hyunjin made an 'o' with her mouth and nodded her head in response.

"Hyunjin?" Heejin said breaking the silence.
"Hmm?" Hyunjin hummed, as she played with Heejin's hand.
"Why are you still wearing that mask?" Heejin asked, intertwining their hands.
"I'm sick, a-and I don't wanna get you sick," Hyunjin lied.
"That's it?" Heejin said "I don't care if you're sick, you don't need to wear a mask," Heejin said feeling Hyunjin's forehead
"No, it's fine I'll wear it," Hyunjin said trying to back away.
"You don't have a fever though," Heejin said pulling her back. Heejin already had a hunch that the girl was lying, being that she had been in the same position before.
Heejin cornered Hyunjin. "Please don't be what I think it is," Heejin thought to herself. She pulled down the mask to reveal the big mark on the corner of Hyunjin's lips.

Seeing it, Heejin's bottom lip began to quiver, as tears started to fall down her cheek. It was as if she was reliving all the times she had came home like that. It was indeed a painful sight. Heejin brushed her thumb over the latter's lips, tearing up more and more by the second.

Hyunjin's POV

I stared at her as tears fell down her cheek. I was in complete awe. The same girl I had down this too for years, was crying seeing me like this. She didn't feel any resentment toured me even after all I've down. I felt guilt climb up my spine. I don't deserve her, I really don't.

Third Person POV

Heejin had stopped crying and was now wiping Hyunjin's lip with an alcohol wipe. She let out a sniffle every now and then.
"D-don't move," Heejin said holding Hyunjin's head in position. She then mumbled something completely inaudible.

Silence came among them for a few minutes. The whole time Hyunjin stared into Heejin's eyes, not diverting for even a second. Truly, she felt cared for. Hyunjin watched as Heejin got up to throw away the alcohol pad. She saw her wipe her eyes, and try to collect herself near the trash can.
"Heejin," Hyunjin said.
"What," Heejin responded, her voice cracking a bit.
"I love you," Hyunjin said.

-
I lowkey forgot how to write

Vote? OH AND 1K READS💗 uGh I feel accomplished