twenty eight.

Third Person POV

Little sniffles came out of Hyunjin as she trudged up the path to her house. Standing outside, she took a deep breath before entering. It had been months since she'd even step foot into the house.
(A/N: I forgot to mention that Hyunjin's technically rich since her family is classified as 'mobsters')

Walking in, she expected it to smell like alcohol, but the smell wasn't present. The house looked normal, as if nobody in the house had touched alcohol. Then she saw her dad, sitting on the couch with an ash tray beside him. Yet still no alcohol.

No erratic greeting, no alcohol, Hyunjin wondered if she had even entered the correct house.

"Agassi~," Jongdae greeted as he walked by, slightly bowing. Hyunjin bowing back.

She walked into the living room and awkwardly stood in-front of her dad. She couldn't believe he was sober.

"I'm back," Hyunjin murmured bowing her head down. He didn't look at the girl, or say anything.

Hyunjin silently started making her way to her room. Just as she entered the halls, a voice called at her.

"Hyunjin," Her dad called.

Hyunjin turned around, her shoulders starting to tense fearing the worst to happen as she saw him walk towards her.

"You... you've been well, have you?" He asked, standing right in-front of Hyunjin.

The tiniest of smiles crept up Hyunjin's lips as she nodded her response.

"Good," He said, slightly patting the side of the girls head, then proceeding back to the couch.

It may not seem like much, but the little question meant a lot to Hyunjin. It was the comfort she needed from her dad all these years since the passing of her mother. It was his way of apologizing for his actions, and Hyunjin knew that. It was closure.

Timeskip

Weeks had past since Hyunjin had cut things off with Heejin. She had no idea what the girl was up to now a days. The only time she would see her was during class. But still the two didn't exchange words, slight glances at most.

Hyunjin sat on the school rooftop. She thought she would've gotten over the girl by now, but it was the complete opposite. Every night, she'd turn her body to the side expect Heejin to be there, only to be let down everytime.

It was lonely, really lonely. But Hyunjin couldn't even cry at this point, after all, it was her fault. Her mind was occupied with Heejin every second of the day and all throughout the night.

"Why are you always on the roof?" A voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Youngho, of course he'd come right now," Hyunjin thought to herself.
"What do you want," Hyunjin said, making it sound like more of a statement than question.

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"No, no I don't remember," Hyunjin responded.

Walking up to Hyunjin, he said "Its the fifteenth, so that would make us one month," pulling out a little bouquet of roses.

The words disgusted Hyunjin, but she put out a fake smile.

"I was thinking we'd at least spend lunch together, or something," He said, placing the flowers on Hyunjin's lap.