Chapter 11

Kalen

I stand in the kitchen, washing dishes from our lunch as Toby and Harper work on the packet. Toby giggles at something, I smile but don't turn around.

Being around Toby for the past two weeks was seemingly enough to know everything about him. He absolutely loved to laugh. To smile.

Toby also enjoyed cuddling. Watching movies, and tv shows while eating popcorn and sweet treats.

Everything about Toby was so precious. His smile lit up the room, his eyes glimmering with childlike innocence. Toby's skin was soft. So soft. Not a single strand of body hair in sight. Not even on his arms or legs. It was like touching silk.

Toby was such a sweet boy. Harper and I were happier now with him in our life. It was like we were finally complete. My anger was becoming easier to control, both my mates calming me substantially.

My wolf begins to purr as I feel arms wrapping around my waist. And another body sliding under my outstretched arms, pressing against my chest. Harper presses a kiss to my neck as Toby nuzzles his face into my back.

"Hi baby," Harper murmurs, smiling at me. I lean down to kiss him, hearing a whine from behind me.

"Do you want a kiss too?" I ask Toby. He nods, sliding next to Harper. Harper laughs, pressing a kiss to Toby's lips.

Toby stands on his toes in attempts to kiss me. He was much shorter than I, not being able to reach where he wants. I lean down, giving Toby a soft kiss. He preens, happily kissing me back.

Toby sighs into the kiss, breaking away to rub his forehead against my chest. Harper rubs Toby's back, smiling gently.

Toby suddenly jerks away from us, running to the refrigerator and pulling the door open. He rummages through the shelves, pulling out a cucumber.

"Do you want a snack, Toby? We just had lunch but I suppose I can cut you up some cucumber. Do you want some ranch dressing with it?" Harper asks, coming up behind Toby.

As Harper tries to reach for the cucumber, Toby giggles running out of the room, cucumber in hand. Harper takes a deep breath, watching as Toby disappears down the hallway.

"I'm not gonna chase after him today. He'll be back when he realizes we aren't coming after him. I don't have the energy for this. I love Toby but Goddess, he's fast."

I laugh, turning back to the dishes in the sink. There were only two cups and some silverware left. I feel Harper's arms wrap around me again, my wolf loving the attention our mate was giving us.

It didn't take me long to finish cleaning up after our lunch, Harper and I choosing to sit at the island table. Harper plays on his phone while I sign some paperwork.

Harper sighs, leaning onto my side. I glance over to see what he was doing. Harper was reading a manga, biting his lip as he scrolls onto a not so family-friendly panel.

I roll my eyes as a small burst of arousal emits from Harper's body. He quickly turns off his phone, taking a shuddering breath. He busies himself by grabbing a paper from my pile and reading it.

Rue comes into the kitchen, yawning as he tiredly pulls open the refrigerator.

"Good morning Rue," Harper says, smiling at him. Rue grunts in acknowledgment, his hands noticeably shaking.