Chapter 18

Kalen

I was angry.

Fuming!

How dare that piece of shit rogue sneak around my borders! Especially after he touched my mate! I swear to Goddess, when I get that rogue in my grasp I'm going to skin him alive!

The trackers could find no other lingering scent of the rogue around the eastern border. We stationed more warriors around the entire pack perimeter, using scent blockers to hide from the rogue and strike when he is unaware.

There was no way I was going to lose my mate to one single filthy rogue. I did not go through all the rigorous Alpha training only to fail to protect my mate from a mutt, a cur.

I tug on my boxers after running a towel through my wet hair. I look into the mirror, my eyes a swirling golden color. My furious wolf making himself present.

Harper and Toby were laying on the bed, cuddling close to each other as I make my way out of the bathroom. My skin was pink from the scalding hot shower I just took. As I was only wearing boxers, the rest of my body exposed to my mates. Toby's eyes were full of lust. A new look for him.

My wolf was urging me to complete the mating process with Toby. It would allow us to become closer and help us track him in a worst-case scenario.

But I wasn't sure if Harper would want us to mate yet. He was worried about me being too rough with Toby, and rightly so. I would be rough and we don't want to scare Toby away. The last thing I want to do is hurt Toby.

I crawl into bed, slipping under the covers beside Toby. He turns to me, breathing deeply. I could smell his arousal, the sickly sweet aroma clouding my mind. Goddess, he was making it hard for me.

Harper sends me a wary look, placing a hand onto my shoulder. I put some distance between me and Toby, willing myself to calm down. Harper pulls Toby so he is in a sitting position.

"Toby, you need to calm down. Mating with us will be different. And you need to think about this before you jump into a situation that you're not ready for. Kalen and I aren't gentle. We want you to be one hundred percent on board with us-,"

"Harper," Toby murmurs. The word comes out as 'happah', but it is enough for Harper to freeze. "More, Harper, more,"

"Oh, Goddess," Harper breathes, leaning back to stare up at the wall. He was losing grip of his self-control as well.

"Kalen," Toby turns to me. His voice sends pleasurable tingles down my abdomen. "More. Please, more."

I groan, pulling Toby close to my body, tearing at his nightshirt with my claws. Toby gasps, pressing his lips harshly against mine. His whimpers and moans spur me on, his body moving with mine.

Harper grabs Toby's shoulders, yanking him back against his chest. Their lips lock as Toby turns his head to the side. I slide my fingers into the waistband of Toby's pants and underwear, tugging them down around his ankles before throwing them off the bed.

Toby shudders as I trail kisses down his neck. I reach his nipples, lightly tugging and rolling one with my fingers, latching onto the other with my mouth. I suck on the soft skin, using as much restraint as I could muster up.