Chapter 14

Kalen

Waking up each morning to both my mates curled up around me was pure bliss.

Toby's little body splayed atop mine, his arms wrapped around my neck. His lips set in a soft upturn even while he sleeps.

Harper was laying to my right, his arm slung across Toby's back. His leg was also pressed against me and Toby's legs, keeping us close together. Harper's head was resting on my shoulder, his soft breaths making my skin tingle.

I smile, pressing soft kisses to Harper's face. His eyes flutter open, glaring playfully at me. He leans over me, lips meeting mine softly.

"Hi, baby," Harper murmurs against my lips.

"Good morning, Harper."

"We need to talk about last night. Toby keeps sneaking out of the house and it's concerning me greatly. Especially with that rogue still out there. At one in the morning, we were in the woods yet again searching for Toby. This has to stop. I swear to Goddess, I'll start putting child locks on the door because I know sure as hell that Toby won't be able to open it if we do."

"I agree, we need to set some rules in place. He may not like it but we need to do this in order to keep him safe. I just don't know why Toby would want to go outside so late at night. He had all day to hang out in the pack grounds."

"We'll never know unless we ask him ourselves. But we can't give him any prompts like 'do you want to go outside because you like the snow?' Because he may take that as us saying that is the preferred or undesired answer. He may agree with us or hold back because he is afraid."

Harper bites his lip, shaking Toby's shoulder gently. Toby whines softly, stretching out along my body. His blue eyes meet mine, a wide smile spreading on his face.

"Puppy," he squeals, pressing an excited kiss to both my and Harper's lips.

"We have something important to discuss with you, Toby," Harper says. "We want to know why you keep sneaking into the woods at night."

Toby giggles, rolling off of me and crawling down the length of the bed. He grabs the hem of my pants and tugs roughly on them.

"Toby. Now is not the time for games," I say sternly. "Tell us why you've been going into the woods. Now."

Again, Toby ignores us, successfully tanking my pants down the slightest bit. Harper snarls as Toby palms my cock through the fabric of my boxers.

Toby leans down, mouthing my shaft, pulling it out of its confinements. I couldn't help as my length hardened in Toby's grasp. The pleasurable sparks that erupted each time he touched me were proving difficult for my tightly held string of restraint.

Harper elbows me once he sees that I am fully hard.

"Kalen, this isn't the fucking time!" Harper whisper-yells.

"I can't help it," I whisper-yell back.

Just as Toby takes the tip into his mouth, I reach down and grab hold of his hair. I tug so hard that I feel a few strands pop out.

Toby cries out, tears beginning to pour freely down his cheeks. His small hands claw at my own in a desperate attempt to escape my hold.