CHAPTER - 4

NIA'S POV

When I went to the tower next morning I saw Kara sleeping on the chair holding Mon-el's hand. She was sleeping peacefully without worrying about anything. Brainy and Jonn came through the elevator in the main room. I wanted to know who was this man and why Kara was so close to him. " Brainy who is Mon-el and who he is to Kara". I asked without even hesitating. There faces suddenly dropped they were about to speak but Kara interrupted them by saying " He is a close friend of mine". " He is a friend of yours whom I never met". I was now totally confused. It seemed to me that Kara was hiding something. She is just not a good liar. " Come on tell me the truth, I know you're hiding something. You are not a good liar". I chuckled at the last part. She took a deep breath and started explaining " Around 3 years ago a Kryptonian pod crashed here on earth. He was the one in that pod. I rescued him and took him to the DEO. I always thought that he was a Kryptonian and got excited about it but no he was one of the enemies of Krypton. He is the former prince of Daxam". After saying those she suddenly stopped." That's it he's a prince of Daxam and your home planet's enemy. If that's it why you're so close to him and seems to really care about him". I saw her sniffing after hearing what I just said. " That's not it okay, he is the one and only person I ever loved. I taught him to be a hero and that is the reason he is in this condition. He was just fulfilling the promise he made". Kara blurted it out and ran inside his room. I quickly realised my mistake and followed her inside.

KARA'S POV

As I entered the room I forgot all my worries just by seeing him lying, peacefully sleeping. Nia followed me inside and sat beside me. She placed a hand on my shoulder which me sigh and turn around to face her with a small smile on my face. " What happened to him it sounds to me is that you two loved each other unconditionally". Nia questioned me about what I said earlier. " Well it is true but I think that universe didn't want us to be happy. Well his mother tried to force him to leave Earth and to go to Daxam with her to reunite their people but he refused and chose to stay to here with me". I looked at him and placed my hand on his cheek and started caressing his beard. I turned to look at Nia once more and continued " His mother and I fought a battle and I lost but before the battle I asked Lena to prepare a device that will seed the earth's atmosphere with lead. This made all the Daxamites leave Earth including Mon-el. I was devastated when he left I locked up myself
From the real world. After seven months he returned with a wife her name was imra". I was now crying I placed my head on her shoulder and cried for a few more minutes. Then I started to continue the story but she stopped me. " You don't have to complete I know that you two loved each other with all your heart, it was just the universe who was playing with your feelings". Nia gave me warm smile and gave a hug. We both got up and went outside. Brainy and Jonn looked worried when we came to the main area. " Supergirl there's is a bank robbery downtown". Brainy reported me. I flew without getting any further information. When I got there, they were already ready to leave with all the money. I landed in front of their car. "Leaving without saying hello. I think your mother never taught you how to be nice". I teased them and threw a punch at their faces knocking them out. I took both of them to police station and tied them to the pole in front of the station. I placed a note ' a little gift from supergirl' and left for the tower.