CHAPTER - 21

MON-EL'S POV

I entered Kara's bedroom and saw her crying, my eyebrows furrowed upon the confusion. I slowly walked towards her bedside and crouched down so I could see her face properly. She was crying and was occasionally mumbling something. I started to caress her hair with my hand. " Why are you crying, beautiful ? ". I asked in a low voice almost a whisper but I was sure she clearly heard me.

She didn't stop crying, I shifted onto her bed and placed her head in my lap. " What is bothering you, you can tell I'm sure it will help ". I said while my fingers wiped some tears that just fell from her beautiful comet eyes. " Nobody loves me anymore, I don't even love myself now ". My eyebrows furrowed further, why would she think that nobody loves her but then again I think it's my fault. " What makes you think that ? ". I whispered in her ear and after placing a kiss on her cheek, I leaned back. " It's nothing ". She whispered in a hoarse voice. " Come on I can tell that something is bothering you, love ". I said while running my fingers through her hair.

There was complete silence after that she didn't reply to me. I felt my jeans getting soaked by her tears, she was silently crying. " Why are you crying, love and don't tell me that it's nothing because you don't cry for no reason ". I said in a caring voice. " Will you just shut up and stop calling me love or beautiful ". She snapped at me with anger in her voice raising. " Is there a problem in that ? ". I again asked her a question and I thought that she will not answer but to my surprise she nodded. " The man I love, used to call me beautiful or love ". She whispered but it was enough for me to hear.

I am the reason that she is crying, I shouldn't have left after she said that she loves me.

What kind of fool I am ?. Who leaves the woman he loves alone when she is crying.

I wiped the newly formed tears from her face. " What did he do ? ". I asked while consoling her like a baby. " I told him that I love him after 3 years and I want us to be together again but he just left without even looking at me. The worst part is that I kissed him and he kissed me back, I think he is not the same person I knew or used to love or still love ". She said which broke my heart even more.

I patted her head slowly to make her sleep but she kept on weeping. " Shh, love don't cry. I'm sorry for what happened with you but I'm sure he will regret his decision and will come back to you. Right now all you need to is take rest and please don't cry. I hate to see you cry ". I said before placing a kiss on her forehead. " I hope so he comes back ". Was the last thing she said before she fell into a deep slumber.

I stood up and placed aspirin and a glass of water on her nightstand before leaving her apartment. Again I crouched down beside her bed. " I hate to be the one who is the reason behind your tears. Trust me the man who left you alone tonight loves you so much that he doesn't even know what to do. I will regret the decision I made today for the rest of my life. I promise you that this is the last day that you will cry because of me. From this day I will try to be the man you deserve and be the one who is the reason of your happiness ". I whispered in her ears before placing a last kiss on her cheek. I placed a note beside the glass of water saying.

The stranger who helped you, love.

I don't want Kara to know what I did tonight. I will explain myself to her tomorrow at the tower. I finally left her apartment and made my way to the tower as I don't have a place to stay, I'm temporarily staying at the tower.

KARA'S POV

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I clutched my head in between my hands. Last night I went to the alien dive bar and got wasted but someone carried me home, it's all I remember. I looked at my nightstand and saw a glass of water and a medicine with a note. I read the note and a small smile appeared on my face. Whoever brought me home was a good man, he consoled me and helped me sleep. I took the pill and slowly drank water.