CHAPTER - 28

MON-EL'S POV

I was feeling unbearable pain in my whole body but especially on my chest because of all the punches Zora threw at it. I don't know what happened at the end of the fight I was surely out when she threw me towards Kara's cell.

Just when I remembered about Kara my eyes flew open but not fully. I had a swollen eye which made it difficult to open. When I could register what was exactly happening I felt someone's presence beside me. I turned my head slowly towards the direction of it. I saw Kara laying beside me, holding my hand and resting her cheek above it.

I slightly sat up against the bars of the cell. I pulled her towards me and rested her head on my lap. I brought our intertwined hands towards my lips and placed a kiss on them. I ran my fingers through her hair, even though my arm was hurting when I tried to move it. Having her here with me after 3 months is surreal and it gave me a boost of happiness.

I remember when we were captured by Cadmus for the first time, she came here to save me but this time the roles are reversed I have to save her. I can't see her get hurt in front of me but what can I do I'm severely injured. I can't even walk let alone save her from the strongest person Alive in the entire universe.

I carefully examined her injuries with my left hand which was less injured. I saw her ribs were bruised and swollen from her injuries. She had a huge and deep cut on both of her upper arms. She had blue and purple bruises on her legs and a huge knife wound on her right thigh. Her cape was torn from different places. She had cuffs marks on her wrists and her ankles. Lastly I looked carefully at her head, she was bleeding from the back of her head which meant she was hit by something.

She was bleeding from every part of her body and I felt so helpless that I can't do anything about her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a huge sound of door opening with a bang. " Don't worry about her she will not be a problem for long ". Zora said with a victory smile on her face. My hands balled in fists with anger which was raising inside of her. " Of course I will worry about her, I love her ! ". I yelled at her but her expression didn't change.

After few moments later I realised something else that she has said earlier. " What do you mean by she will not be a problem for long ? ". I asked with a shaky voice and still her expression didn't change but a smirk was formed on her lips. " Oh I think you finally caught my meaning by those words but if you still want to hear from my mouth, she is close to her death ". She spitted the last word with hatred.

My heart beat gained pace after my mind realised what is happening. " You - you're - lying this can't - be true ". I stutter in fear and she laughed at me. " Why would I lie about that ? What would I get after giving you fake reassurance ? ". I paled after hearing the sentence from her mouth. " Why are you doing this ? ". I asked her in a defeated tone. My eyes were filled with tears after hearing that the woman I love is going to die and I can't help her. " I'm just returning the favour. You killed the person I loved so I am killing yours ". She said with a cold tone and I just scoffed.

" Loved ? ". I asked her and she narrowed her eyebrows. " That's the difference between you and me, Zora. You don't know the meaning of love ". I hissed and she stepped forward towards our cell in anger. " Watch your mouth, kid ". She growled at me but I didn't back down. " If you call that love you're living in your own world. Have you ever thought about the things you did to that boy who didn't even know what was happening ". I yelled at her and saw her expression change to hurt and guilt for a second but then she wore her mask again hiding herself from feeling remorse. " I didn't do anything else beside loving my son ". She spoke in anger but it didn't break my confidence.

I lifted up my eyes to meet hers. " He is not even your son ". I spoke with my voice laced with venom. After hearing those words she flinched a little and I knew I opened up some old wounds. She turned her back towards me and this encouraged me even more. " You killed his family when he was just a baby and you claimed him as your son ". I said with a victory smile on my face. This made her to look at me again but this time I could clearly see that they were filled with anger. " How do you know that ? ". She asked with a slight stutter in her voice which meant that my words affected her.