29 // Expresso Espresso

If someone told you that I'm a heartbreaker, well, they're lying.

Or maybe just a little. Still, whoever tells someone that, they're weeny wrong. Because I love appreciating people until it gets way out of control, and it does every time.

I don't blame the soft hearts that the majority of female population are equipped with because I am well aware that I'm one heck of a charming guy. Mind shrug.

So that was my reputation. Just not until my sunshine decided that it was indeed time for my long overdue epiphany. The day that I've been told that I wasn't the most delectable guy that most ladies sought after.

Cappuccino was the coffee that started it all.

The coffee was what she declared our war with. It's a warfare that fate had meticulously calculated for us, I believe. Because ever since the coffee incident, I couldn't stop thinking of ways on how to get her attention.

Naiinis siya sa akin, that's one upper hand. I liked how I affect her mood, it meant that I get into her nerves, and I knew very well that it won't be long till I get into her heart. Naks!

We can play the game of hide and seek everyday, and each time the game resets, I'll go out of my way and cheat by peeking just before she hides. In our invisible scoreboard, I should be the one declared champion. Bogus or not, winning is winning.

Leaving things in disarray was half the fun.

"One hot Viennica, to-go," was what I said when I already meant to-forever.

Falling in love with her? This is the other half—no, okay, let me be overly mad about this love thing and just say that being in love is deepshit full on happiness!

I didn't know one could be crazy over someone like this. Like? No shit! Ang corny ng pag-ibig para sa 'kin. Pero corny lang pala kung wala kang girlfriend.

Maloko akong tao, I admit. I wouldn't even let my sister go out with someone like me. Pero noong natamaan ako kay Viennica, pocha, tumino ako, e!

Tiklop, sariling lagay ng kadena sa kamay, pahila kay Vie.

I'm always at the café not only because I need my daily dose of caffeine but also my daily dose of her. It wasn't addiction 'cause, dude, that's just chilling!

My advice to my sister, Jess, was if someone told her that he's addicted to her then she better get the hell outta that freezer. Like I said, it's chilling. To me, it didn't sound cool or romantic, it sounded unhealthy like addiction to cigarette. For a moment it will give you a peace of mind, but once the nicotine wears out and you're already low in dopamine you'll find yourself underground in cancer subway at pneumonia terminal station.

Chugga chugga choo choo, man!

Okay, so I'm not a doctor, I definitely don't know any of what I was saying so I'll just stop.

But what I did know would cure my lovesickness was Viennica. I recounted the day I said that I would sabotage her plan of not making me stay in her life. Guess what? I did it, but responsibly.

If she falls, which I know she will, then I'm down here with cushions to give her a guarded fall. Sure, I have my arms but I'm not Peter Parker with an astounding reflex to secure the drop.

I'll have pastries and long island iced tea waiting for her here, and a giant leaf that I'll fan her with myself. And that's what's gonna happen because she's a royalty on my watch.