12

Okay, so we're now getting to the main climax of the story. And to the end of where I've written, so I'm afraid updates are going to be slower. Sorry. Enjoy though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon laying his eyes on Kurt, Dave freaked out, pulling hard at the rope around his wrists. Without thinking, Kurt ripped the tape from his mouth and started undoing the rope on his wrists.

"No, don't. I don't want them to lash out when they see us. I'm okay, just leave it."

"Karofsky, you better start explaining."

"I'm so sorry, Kurt. I am so fricken sorry." Kurt was shocked rigid. Was David Karofsky crying? "It was getting so intense. I tried to stop them from hurting you, but they wouldn't have it. I've been trying to protect you. This whole time-"

"By breaking Blaine's nose?" He snapped, angrily. He wasn't buying whatever it was Dave was selling.

"Obviously that wasn't how I presented it to the guys, but the plan was to scare you off. The way he was throwing punches back there? It was obvious he's a fighter. I figured he would know how to take a hit. And he would stand a better chance at getting a few good throws back." Kurt addressed himself mentally 'well, he's not wrong'.

"I just don't get it. You've never cared before. What's changed? What have I suddenly done to warrant saving?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          "Kurt, I just want to help you out here, I don't have an ulterior motive."

"Bullshit, Karofsky," he countered. Kurt changed tact, sensing he wasn't getting anywhere. He knelt down next to him, placing his hand on his knee. Karofsky looked down at the hand, breathing shakily. He wanted to tell Kurt so badly. But he'd never even said the words in his head before. "You don't have to hide anymore. Trust me, it hurts keeping things bottled up." Karofsky tilted his head up, eyes closed, pumping himself up. "You have to tell people what you're-"

And in a surge of emotion, David did what he had been wanting to do for months. He kissed Kurt Hummel. And his heart broke a little when Kurt pushed him off.

"Feeling." Kurt finished. "But not like that," he gulped. "That was damn selfish." Kurt looked back to Karofsky, who looked absolutely obliterated.

"You really mean it, don't you?" David nodded his head. "David," Kurt began tentatively, "it's okay for a man to love another man, but you don't really love me- you just think you do. I understand that you're confused and scared and maybe even lonely, but this doesn't solve anything. Wait, hold on, are you trying to tell me that you did all of this because you liked me?"