15

Oop another update

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HEY!"

"Blaine, stop shouting. They're not coming. We're in here for a reason. They're not going to let us go because you ask nicely," Kurt reasoned.

"We have to get out of here, Kurt. Burt and Carole are going to be worrying about you. We can't leave them like that."

"Blaine, stop. Take some deep breaths." The boy did what he was told, not wanting a repeat of his panic attack just a few hours earlier. "Let's think logically here. Does anyone know how to pick a lock?"

"Well, I've done it on normal handcuffs before, but my dad was always-" Blaine stopped himself, realising what he was admitting to a former bully of his.

Karofsky felt like someone had just punched him in the gut. Blaine had been through so much crap already. And he had taken it upon himself to make it so much worse for him when he had done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Even stealing Kurt from him no longer seemed a punishable offence.

"Whatever, the point is I've never even seen ones like this before, and my lock picking kit is at home. Funnily enough, I didn't think I'd need it at school," he sassed back, trying to cover his embarrassment.

"Okay, well, what else would work?"

"Um... Anything long and thin. A bobby pin, a toothpick, safety pin probably?"

"What about a nail? Like a screw but no thread. Would that work?" Karofsky asked, desperately wanting to help after behaving so awfully for such a long time. "It's right next to me, I could kick it over?"

"I know what a nail is, Karofsky. I don't know, maybe if it was thin enough. As I said, I've never even seen cuffs like this apart from in, I don't know, Aladdin," he sassed again. "I could try, but no promises."

"I can see one but I don't know if I can reach it." Karofsky writhed, twisting his body around in an attempt to retrieve the nail that was sitting tantalisingly out of reach. Kurt could see that David was trying, but knew that Blaine didn't care. He wanted Blaine to care. He wanted Blaine to understand Karofsky's position and forgive him. But he could see why Blaine wasn't so quick to forgive. This whole situation had really given Kurt a deeper insight into Blaine, and Kurt really wasn't sure he liked what he had seen.

"Okay, got it!"

"You have one shot at this, Karofsky," Blaine warned. "Kick it over. Aim for my feet." He braced himself. 'No fucking this up, Blaine. It's now or never.'

Karofsky took a deep breath, puffing it back out sharply. 'This is it, David. Get this wrong, Blaine will never forgive you.' From the other side of the room, Karofsky managed to manipulate it in front of his foot and shoved it over.

Before it managed to whizz into the wall next to him, Blaine stopped it with his foot and sighed, laughing relievedly. But that was only the easy part. Blaine managed to grip the nail in between his feet and attempted to get it up to his hands. Blaine cringed, gasping at how much his ribs, stomach and hips hurt from the repeated assaults prior to Kurt and Karofsky's arrival. He had to stop, pain shooting through his body and feeling like fire in his bones. Panting and straining, he had to give up.

"Fuck, I can't do it. The adrenaline must be wearing off. I think that asshole broke one of my ribs," he panted through the pain. "Kurt. I can't get my legs high enough. Do you think you could?"

Kurt's heart ached for Blaine. He didn't deserve this. Not even Karofsky deserved this. He just didn't understand. Why was Blaine always getting hurt? Why were they focusing all their hate on him, when all this had started because of Kurt? It didn't make sense. Kurt shook the thought from his head. He would dwell on that later. He needed to focus on the now.