#5 Old friend

Your pov

We sat at the bench that was facing towards a huge soccer field as an awkward moment of silence filled between us

"So-"

"So-"

We both spoke at the same time and looked at eachother before bursting into laughter "It's been a while (Y/n)-kun" Tenko-chan smiled softly, looking at the ground. "Yeah...two years right? It has been a while" I heaved a sigh before looking up at the dark blue sky above our heads as stars slowly appeared.

"When did you arrive back home?" he asked "A month ago, and you?" I asked "4 months ago heh" he responded. We began to chat for a while without realizing that it was getting late. "That uniform of yours, you're studying in Aoba-Johsai High?" Tenko simply nodded.

"...and that Oikawa guy is still there right?" I asked again remembering that time when we defeated his team back at the Junior Boy's Volleyball tournament. "Yeah, he's actually a good guy; childish if I may add" Tenko sweat dropped. "Ya don't say" I folded my arms looking at him as he scratched the back of his head nervously. "But..."

"Hm?" I looked at him

"He hasn't recalled me or anything which is a good thing I guess"

I looked at him before looking up again "Yeah....it's a good thing Japan forgot about us" I added. The wind howled as a huge gush of wind blew right pass our faces. "Are you....somewhat playing volleyball again?" Tenko asked as I shivered at his question. "W-why a-are you asking?" I responded "Those shoes, your jacket and well the tone of your voice is already a confirmation so it seems I don't need to clarify any further" he stated as I dead panned.

S-shit I forgot, whenever it comes with brains Tenko is THE REAL DEAL!

"Let's just say bean sprout somehow managed to drag me in" I pouted "Bean sprout?" Tenko asked "Hinata Shoyo, that's his name"

"I don't recall anyone in a volleyball team with that name at Junior High" he added "Well, that's because blueberry beat him to it" I responded, cracking my knuckles.

"Blueberry? What the hell are with those nicknames baka?!" Tenko irked as I shifted to the side a bit "T-they're cute nicknames I tell you! Cute!" I defended myself "Also, that blueberry guy that defeated bean sprout is none other than Kageyama Tobio"

"The one who holds the name King of the Courts?"

"Yeah, that's him and just like you said, he hasn't recalled nor even reacted when I introduced myself"

Tenko sighed before staring at the late night soccer players on the field "I thought I was the only one..."

"Hm?" I looked at him confused

He chuckled before looking at me "Thought I was the only one who decided to join the volleyball club again" he smiled. My eyes widened a bit before it softened "Yeah, but we're not on the same team sadly"

"True, it'll be a miracle if we all somehow meet up with eachother and played together once again like last time"

I stood up and stretched my arms and back "You're saying as if it was our last game or something" I whined "Well it was our last game back at Junior High before that incident with you, which I forgot to ask, how is it?" Tenko glared at me with his usual mother-like worried expression "I'm fine, just some scratches here and there" I scoffed.

"You're lying" he bluntly replied

"Ack!" I turned pale constantly sweat dropping at what I should do next "Coach told us everything" he said standing up with his bag swung over his shoulder "You shouldn't push yourself (Y/n)"

I frowned "I know....." I too grabbed my bag as we both walked out "Well, see you tomorrow, we should hang out" Tenko smiled "Of course we will" I smirked. We exchanged our goodbyes before walking to our separate ways

See you tomorrow