#16 Coach Teijo

Natsu's pov:

"So....."

"A-aheh" I shivered in fear as old man Teijo puffed out smoked before looking up at the cotton candy clouds. The sun was about to set giving off a warm orange vibrant color "Six of my very powerful students didn't even bother to drop by to say hello and I even found out that one of them decided to play sports" he closed his eyes.

The hairs on my skin stood up "THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU BRATS?! DIDN'T BOTHER TO SHOW UP AT MY FRONT PORCH AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!! NOT EVEN A HELLO OR A THANK YOU GIFT FROM YOU BAFOON LOT OF BROTHERS!!!" he roared at me as I coward in fear. The people around us backed away not bothering to help me out. I mean who wouldn't, against and elderly buffed guy like him; I too would scatter away.

"U-um w-well we just arrived to-"

"I DON'T NEED TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!!" he roared again before landing a punch at me, in which I dodged. "Old man-!" "JUST LEMME PUNCH YOUR UNGRATEFUL FACE YOU IDIOTIC STUDENT!" he roared again. The next thing I know, we were both running around in circles. Mr Teijo trying to kill me with his bare hands whereas I run for my life so that I can live to see the next day.

After 10 minutes or so, we both sat down and catch our breathes. "Old man Teijo sir, we were busy and weren't able to see you. Also our parents wanted to visit our little brother out of the blue and told us to tag along with them so we did. I deeply apologize on behalf of my brothers including myself for not being able to meet you after our arrival." I bowed in respect at the same time apologizing for being a bad student.

My brothers and I were trained under this legendary old man during out Junior years. Rei, Cain, the twins, (Y/n) and I. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't be known as who we are today. Teijo scoffed before folding his arms. "You guys were nothing but brats and a pain in the ass for me back in those days" he spoke with his eyes closed.

Flashback

"Jump higher and slam dunk Natsu! Do you really think you can get into your favorite team with that weak ass dunk of yours?! What would your idol Kagami Taiga say?! DISGRACE! COME ON, PUT MORE POWER INTO THAT LEG OF YOURS AND JUMP!" Teijo, who was a bit younger during my time, roared at us as my class and I played a decent game of basketball during PE.

~break~

"Man, that coach of ours sure pick on you alot Natsu" my friend whined as I sighed. "It's because coach sees that Natsu has a lot of potential on being a basketball player so he's pushing him forward" "More like torturing him that his insides will sooner or later come out"

I looked at Coach Teijo who was busy speaking with a fellow teacher. He taught Rei-nii football and Cain-nii baseball. At the end of the day, they both became famous and played in national competitions as their team represents Japan. I wanted to become like my brothers and play alongside with my idols, Kagami Taiga and Aomine Daiki. They're the best and I wanted to surpass them!

I clenched my hand into a fist and stood up "Sure coach pushes me to my limits, however, I know for sure I will become one of his greatest students who will play in the nationals!"

End of flashback

We looked at the sunset as it slowly goes down. "How's he?" old man asked. My eyes saddened a bit as I kept quiet in response. "Bad huh?... and he still wants to play volleyball" he continued before standing up. "Mr Teijo?" I looked at him as he started doing stretches. "Warn that little brother of yours that if he so happens to get hurt again, I will double that pain for being a stubborn brat" with that, he walked away with a lit cigarette in his mouth.

I heaved a deep sigh of relief before looking up at the clouds "(Y/n) are you that serious?"