#15 (Y/n)'s Past

Natsu's pov:

So....my little brother somehow decided to play volleyball again....

I looked at his tall and muscular figure as we continued to walk back home with his friends behind us.

2 years ago

"Natsu!" 

"Hm?" looking up, I saw my best friend Leo, Aozora's big brother, frantically taking a huge and deep breathe in and out as sweat beads continuously rolled down his face like a running faucet. "What's wrong?" I stood up after I had tied my shoelace. We had just finished our last and final basketball practice between our neighboring schools before the tournaments that was the following day.

My golden haired friend gripped unto my shoulders and looked at me dead in the eye. "Hurry and go to Kyozo Hospital" he replied. I gave a questioning look but at the same time, my heart began to beat faster in fear. It was like as if I knew what he was gonna say next would make my heart drop or probably shatter into a million pieces.

"Y-your little brother.....h-he"

Saying no more, I dashed towards the door and out into the open heading straight to the hospital.

10 minutes later after non-stop running

"Natsu-nii!" The twins, Hiro and Haru quickly stood up from their seats as soon as I burst through the doors. Their eyes were swollen as if they had been crying for hours. "What's wrong?!" I asked as they both hugged my waist. "Rei-nii and little (Y/n) got into a car accident; b-but (Y/n) h-he..." "...the doctors said that he is in a coma.. and they're not sure when he's gonna wake up" my body froze. I held unto them tightly trying to comfort them.

Tears were already pouring out. After 2 hours of waiting, dad, Rei and Cain-nii came out from the room. "How's he?!" I shouted. Dad had the most painful and hurtful look I had ever seen since our grandmother passed away 4 years ago. I looked at Rei and Cain to see if they will answer my question. Rei was wearing a cast covering his right arm. He had a scratch on his chin and a huge bruise over his right brow.

"How'd this happen?...." I asked softly, clenching my hand into a fist. Cain walked over towards me and pulled me into a hug. "Rei and (Y/n) were simply driving back home when a reckless driver came and deliberately bumped into them. (Y/n) was affected the most....."

"The driver......where is he..." I asked, ready to strangle the life out of him. "He died...it was an instant death" Rei responded. I could hear sadness and guilt in his voice as he spoke. We could tell that he wished it was him who was in the coma instead of (Y/n). Mum was with (Y/n) the entire night and for the next three days. She never left his side nor ate and drank a drop of water. Dad on the other hand stayed back home instead of going to the office.

(Y/n) is the last born of the family, and seeing the youngest one hurt is unbearable for us.

3 weeks later

On the 2nd of August, (Y/n) woke up. Indeed he was weak at first and his body was aching all over. But seeing him smile and laugh was more than enough.

"I'm sorry son, 4 of your ribs are broken, your left internal organs are crushed; even if we did transplant, it won't be much of a help and there's a deep cut starting from your back to the side of your hip" the doctors announced. He was shocked.....

"So does that mean.....I won't be able to play volleyball?" He asked. Our hearts dropped as the doctor shook his head. "I'm afraid son that's impossible, perhaps maybe...but there's a limit. In the meantime, you should lay off from any physical or active activities"

End of Flashback

I stopped dead on my tracks as his friends walked into the house including himself. "What is he trying to do...?"

As I was about to walk in a voice rang out.

"Oi brat, it's been a while" I froze and slowly looked at my side.

"C-coach?!"
____________________________________

Author: Unbelievable! 51k views?! And 2k+ likes?! I'M CRYING! I LOVE YOU ALL! Sorry for the delay, I just graduated and am finally back home with my family :)