Night

(A.N. If you like Catradora stories go check out blueberry_muffin19  they have a really good one.)

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Abuse, Violence, Suicidal Thoughts, Bullying, Cuss Words

Catra's POV

I woke up at 10 pm. 5 hours of sleep. More than what I usually get. I don't expect mother to be back yet.

I walked downstairs. Yep. Her purse and coat are still gone. She usually comes back at 4am. Well, it's better without her. 

I got something to eat and watched Netflix. She wouldn't let me use the TV but she can't control me because she's not here. Since I already slept I have all night to do whatever I want. Maybe I'll actually do my homework. It won't change anything. Tomorrow is my last day at school.

For some reason I felt obligated to do my homework. I worked on it for the next 2 hours. Why are teachers like this? No homework should take two fucking hours. I had no reason to sleep so I looked for something to eat. As usual, mother had nothing. I made a sandwich with some bread and tomatoes.(idk what normal people put in a sandwich ok?)

I knew she would be too drunk to hurt me when she came home so I wasn't worried about that. She would also have a hangover in the morning so she wouldn't be in a condition to hurt me. No one notices her going to work hangover because she's the sports advisor, meaning she is responsible of everyone in that department and she spends most of her day alone in her office or scaring students.

Most people assume I skip gym class because I won't get in trouble thanks to her. That couldn't be anymore untrue. I don't want to see her or be near her. Besides, she punishes me at home.

When I finished eating I went back to my room and laid on my bed. Most nights I would break down, scratching or maybe even cutting myself. This night I was relaxed. Numb. Almost peaceful. I have a plan. It will all end soon. 

I spent the rest of the night watching random stuff. Mother came home at around 3 am. I heard her drunkenly stumble into the living room, crashing into some stuff. Whatever, not my problem. She'll pass out soon. And my door is locked.

I kinda wish there was another way out. But there isn't. If I report her to the police I'll be taken to a foster home, owned by her friends, who are just as bad as her. Nobody would adopt me, I'm the unwanted child. Why would anyone want me anyways? All I do is hurt people, I push them away. My parents died because of me that's why I have to live with my stepmom, Mrs. Weaver.(Yes I don't have a name for her. What are you gonna do? Also SW is Catra's dad's ex wife)

I guess I could report her then run away. But what can I even do? I'm just a good for nothing kid. I wouldn't be able to do anything except die painfully. No, this is better. It will be a good, quick end.

I saw the lights go out. She 's asleep. Good. I kept watching random stuff until 6 am. When my alarm starts to ring, I stop it before it wakes her up. I don't wanna wake her up. I did that mistake once.

I grabbed my things and got ready. 6:30. I quietly ran out the door and to a nearby cafe. It was my favorite place. Bright Moon Cafe. There was a girl with pink hair and a boy with a crop shirt behind the counter. "What would you like to get" the girl asked?

"Uhh can I get a iced cappuccino with 10 espresso shots and caramel?" I replied. "What the heck? Well it's not the worst I've seen but okay." the boy said with a shocked expression.

"Oh, are you new here?" I asked. "My mom owns the place and she wanted us to get some work experience because our school is on a break." the girl replied.

I drank my coffee and went to school. First period was okay, but when I was heading to second period I realized I forgot my books at the first class. I retrieved them but when I was heading back I heard some noises in front of the far lockers. The place where people get beaten up. Normally I wouldn't care but for some reason this time I did. Maybe it was to do that one good thing before I left? I don't know.

When I arrived there I saw a girl beating another one. Only the beater had friends. They were holding the blonde girl that was getting beaten so she couldn't escape. Four against one really isn't fair. 

I don't know what came over me but I decided to interfere. "HEY!" I shouted. "Leave her alone!"