Date?

It's finally out this took ages I'm sorry.

In honor of (the now very much passed) pride month I am giving you fluff . This was hard to write I'm not a fluff writer.

Adora's POV

Adora's guide to patching up friendships: ???

I know Catra said it wasn't my fault and all but I still feel like it is. We did spend a lot of time just talking afterwards so she did forgive me I think. I mean, Catra's honest so if she says she doesn't hold me responsible she must mean it right?

Anyways. I don't actually know how to fix friendships. I haven't had much friends and the ones I had either leave before I can even attempt to fix my fuck up or there isn't a fuck up yet. For example, I haven't fucked up with Bow and Glimmer yet.

Oh yeah! Bow and Glimmer! I can ask them for advice. 

I texted them to call me whenever they could so I can get their help with this. Soon enough I got a call and told them everything. Well, not everything. I didn't exactly tell them I went to the hospital because they would worry about me and I really don't want them to. Just told them that Catra and I had a small falling out and that even though it's fixed now I still feel bad for it. And they suggested we go hang out, get food and stuff and maybe talk about things. 

It kind of sounded like a date which I wasn't sure if Catra would like, after all she doesn't like me like that.

A-and I don't like her like that either! But the date idea sounded decent. And it was Bow approved, and Bow is good at all that friendship stuff. So I decided to listen to their idea and messaged Catra.

Adora: Heyyyyy, soooo... do you wanna go get a drink at that new tea shop that opened?

As soon as I wrote the words I threw my phone on my bed and anxiously waited for a response.

Catra's POV

I was just vibing till I heard my phone vibrate. Huh. A message. I wonder if it's from Adora or mother. Probably Adora.

Adora: Heyyyyy, soooo... do you wanna go get a drink at that new tea shop that opened?

Yep. Adora. She's asking to hang out. 

Catra: Sure, I would love to.

Catra: Now?

Adora: I mean if you're up for it then yeah.

Catra: Yeah I'm up for it.

It sounded like a good idea so I got ready.

I wanted to dress good. I mean, that's what you do for dates right? Is this even a date? It's like a friendship date right? 

Well it doesn't matter anyways. 

I dressed up in a simple combination of black jeans and a dark red turtleneck with a  black leather jacket to tie it all together. 

Wait. Problem. Should I wear my converse or my boots?

Ugh. Why am I so nervous about this? It doesn't matter what kind of shoes I wear. This is just a hang out. That's it. That's all it is.

Ugh. Focus Catra.

I hopped on my bike to drive to the tea shop. When I got there Adora was already there, waiting awkwardly at the door. She had a white turtleneck and light blue jean jacket and matching jeans. Huh. We kind of match in a way. She was fidgeting with her hands and smiled when she saw me.

Adorable.

"Hey" I greeted. "How's it going ?"

100 points to Catra for bad social skills.

"U-uh pretty good! You?" 

Well at least I'm not the only one bad at this. 

We went inside together.

The place was a small tea shop with birch wood tables with their accompanying birch chair arranged in straight lines. The floor was made of warm colored wood tiles and the walls were covered with beautiful tea related artwork. There were colorful lights all over the ceiling. There weren't many people, only a few, which was good for us.

We took a seat and just sat in a comfortable silence till someone came to take our orders. Adora ordered first.

"Uhh can I please get jasmine tea?"

"A sweet hibiscus tea for me please." 

When our orders arrived we were deep into conversation. I took a sip of my tea. It tasted great.

"So what's your favourite animal?" I asked.

I listened to her talk about horses as we slowly drank our teas.

She's really cute when she's like this.

"So that's why they-" Adora cut herself off as if she suddenly remembered something and her smile disappeared.

Her cheeks flushed as her smile and eyes dropped. "Sorry, I'm probably annoying you with all this talking." 

As if you ever could.

"You're not, I swear. It's fun to hear you talk about something you're so passionate about." I said the last part with a smile.

I'm sorry words are not enough to describe how I feel. I want to hear you talk in that happy tone until the world ends. I want to stare at that beautiful sunshine smile of yours until the moment I die. I want to rid the world of anything that makes you sad just so I'll have the slightest chance of seeing you genuinely happy instead of this made up happiness you fake.

I'm sorry I'm too much of a coward to say this to your face.

"Oh... okay!" she smiled hesitantly. "Thank you?"

Whoever made her feel bad for sharing her passions better regret it or I will make them.

Time passed as we talked more and had a fun time. We finished our drinks and were waiting to pay.

"Hey Catra?" 

I turned to her. "Yeah, Adora?"

She smiled, a smile so bright it would light up even the darkest of places. "Thank you for today."

I'm in love with you.

Oh. 

Love.

That's what I feel.

That's... a nice feeling.

I love you.

Here you go a chapter of pure fluff as promised. Next chapter will come soon

I hope.

As always, written at 4am and actually reread in the morning unlike all other ones.