Healing

The end. They go to therapy and get together. Happiness yey!

This is the last chapter, and technically an epilogue i guess. Enjoy? 

Also ignore whatever is non realistic, I just want to write the happy ending for this.

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of everything thats happened so far

Catra's Journal

I can't believe that it's been a bit more than a whole year since my attempt. I've been going to therapy every week.

Well it was every week, it changed to every month as I got better. 

My therapist has told me to start a journal when I felt ready, she thought it might help. I'm ready now.

Considering everything, life went on so normally? After her  trial, a lot of students opened up about all the shitty things she did. A few girls from the volleyball team told the principal (and the whole school over social media) about her abuse.

It was a horrible day. Knowing she hurt not only me but others too. Others including Adora.

If I had talked about her  sooner maybe she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

...my therapist told me to stop blaming myself for everything. I'm trying.

The volleyball team were made to speak with a professional nutritionist and a psychiatrist. Some of them started going to therapy. Adora didn't want to go at first. We talked a bit.

She opened up. I'm glad she did but...knowing what she went through and did... I don't really know how to feel. I'm just mad. At myself, at mother, and in general, I really don't know.

Glimmer and Bow were there too. I don't remember what happened very well, it's been a long time. We convinced her to go to therapy too.

Junior year was over so fast. Summer was spent studying and legal matters and living with Sparkles. Adora came over so many times. I learnt more about her home life too. I  understand why she'd rather spend time here. Well Glimmer and I were both happy spending time with her so. We had sleepovers a lot. Glimmer's mom is so nice. She yells but not angrily and she doesn't hurt me.

I've been told this is the bare minimum of a guardian. Figures.

We started our senior year. Turns out school is much less stressful when your safety isn't on the line because of your grades. Some of my grades have dropped to Bs but my therapist (and also Glimmer's mom) told me to put my mental health first and that a B wasn't the end of the world. 

Adora's also struggling a bit. Glimmer invited her to study together. I think being able to study in a calm environment helped because she seemed to struggle less.

Adora and I started hanging out more. We go to cafes and parks together. And we watch movies.

There's just no denying at this point that I'm in love with her. There, I said it. When she smiles at me it feels like I forget to breathe and the world stops.

Sometimes she laughs and I feel like I'm staring at an angel.

Wow it's been more than a year. It feels like we just met, but we're about to graduate together soon. I'm going to ask her to prom.

Well officially its called the "Graduation Party" but like, its prom.

I hope she says yes. Glimmer seems to (very enthusiastically) agree with this?

What if she say no? I'm nervous.

Adora's POV

Prom. Is close. Catra. Hot.

My brain stopped functioning because I am lesbiab.

I like Catra. I like like Catra. 

And I wanted to go to prom with her. I asked Glimmer for help and she just started laughing so hard she cried. Bow just looked at me and sighed?

Before I could say anything else my phone lit up with a call. I always keep it on silent because the ringing causes me anxiety. 

Yeah, I was diagnosed with anxiety some time ago. I'm coping.

I checked my phone to see that it was Catra calling. I felt my cheeks redden.

Can she read minds or something?

I picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey Adora. Just wondering, can you come outside for a moment?"

"Outside the house?"

"Yep"

"Okay. Speaking of which, where have you been all day?"

She laughed and hang up. Rude.

I went outside the house to see...

Her. In a suit. She looked amazing. Stunning. Beautiful. Pretty. I have no words that could describe her. She looked straight out of a dream.

Not that I have dreams about her, of course not!

In her hand was a bouquet of flowers. I would describe them but I know nothing about flowers. They were pretty. Catra was prettier.

I looked at her. It felt like my heart was gonna explode.

"Hey Adora,"

Yes.

"Do you wanna go to prom with me?"

"...Can I kiss you?" I blurted out.

She looked shocked then started laughing.

"I'll take that as a yes?"

"Yes." 

Our lips met each other.

The end. There you go, a happy ending for them. I enjoyed writing this but I am not pleased with everything. There was so much more that I wanted to write and that they deserved that I just can't. I'm not very good at romance.

Probably will do a remake. One that's better, handles things better, has more resolution to things and doesnt make me cringe when i read it. That'll also probably be 3rd person, 1st person pov feels awkward.

Thank you for being on this journey with me. I love and appreciate all of you, also some of you should really go to therapy please. Thank you.

If you have anything you want to say to me or about the story please do comment, I love reading comments even if I can't come up with a response. I will respond as much as I can though.

Also do tell If theres anything you want in the remake please do tell. (looking at you taco friend)

If I make a remake It will be posted after Im fully done writing, since I hate leaving things unfinished so dont expect anything soon.

Thank you all again for reading. You are all loved.