chapter 1

nini's pov

i'm in complete darkness when i hear my alarm going off. i move my arm around in all directions until i find my phone to turn off the annoying sound. i contemplate going back to sleep or just get up for the day. i go for the second option and i come to the realization of the mess i'm gonna have to clean up. there's blankets and pillows everywhere from the fort i built last night, in my living room, with my best friend. i completely forgot about my sleepover with ricky last night.

ricky is my best friend. known him since i was in kindergarten. definitely my favorite person who i do everything with. we're juniors in high school at east high. friday's are definitely reserved for us hanging out. between me on my school's cheer team and ricky on the basketball team. i'm not even sure when friday nights became our thing. i guess it just did one weekend.

i sit for a few more minutes scrolling through my phone to give myself some time to wake up. eventually around 8am i wake ricky up. he was laying on the floor on a pallet we made out of blankets. i ended up sleeping on the couch, so of course i took the opportunity to roll off of the couch and onto a sleeping ricky.

general pov

nini's full body weight crashes onto ricky in a deep sleep. which, with no surprise, he doesn't wake up due to her light body. so instead, she just ruffles up his curls in a funny, aggressive way. ricky slowly opens his eyes to a giggly nini in his face. "yay you're up!" says nini. "yeah it's kinda hard to stay asleep when someone is hitting them in the head," ricky replied. "oh whatever, that's not what i did and you know it," nini said as she started to get up and fold blankets from the fort they used during their movie marathon the night before. ricky got up just as she did to go make two bowls of cereal for the two. after a few minutes, nini makes her way over to the kitchen island where she joins him to eat. they just sit on their phone with side conversations here and there until they're done eating. "well i'm gonna head out. i gotta get back to my place to get ready for morning practice" ricky tells nini as he heads towards her front door where his shoes and skateboard are sitting. "alright! i'll see at school on monday. don't forget to study for the AP bio final. i know you'll forget" nini quickly says before he gets out the door. as he's stepping on the door with his belongings he shouts back, "ah i don't needa study. i've always got you to help me out on test day!" just like that she could hear the door close shut. knowing that he's just gonna cheat off of her come class on monday like usual.

nini pov

i end up on my bed in my room watching netflix on my laptop. i didn't have any plans this saturday. so i figured i would just review some of my cheers, catch up on some studying, and clean my room up a bit.