chapter 2

general pov

the weekend flies by to monday morning. ricky and nini have a routine for their school mornings. he rides his skateboard down the street to nini's driveway where she's waiting for him in her car. her moms would take turns dropping them off at school for years, that is until nini got her own car last year.

ricky pov

i can hear my phone ringing come to an end. so i just go back to sleep since i didn't answer my phone in time. i'm just so so tired. i felt myself start to drift off again until i hear my phone ringing again. "UGH what!" ricky annoyingly answers his phone. "um where are you? we're gonna be late for school" nini replies. ricky quickly pulls the phone away from his ear to check the time, "shoot sorry nins. i haven't gotten ready. can you pick me up from my house instead today to save some time? i'll be out in a few minutes." "yep, no problem. see you in a few," nini let him know as she began pulling out of her driveway to drive down the street to his house. after just a few minutes i'm ready for school. definitely a new record time for me. i rush down the stairs and out the door forgetting to say bye to my dad or even grab breakfast. i run down the driveway and hop into nini's car slamming the door. "so nice of you to join me" nini says to him as he buckled up in a sweet, sarcastic tone. "haha very funny. let's go" ricky responds.

general pov

the two got to school very quickly with nini's lead foot on the gas pedal. they luckily had a few minutes to spare before they needed to head to first hour. the two walked into the front doors of east high while continuing a regular conversation they started on the way to school.

nini pov

i had just made it to my locker to switch out some books of mine. two do ricky's teammates came over to chat with ricky. i kinda just stood in silence next to ricky observing their conversation. in the middle of it the intercom came on, " NINI SALAZAR-ROBERTS TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE." all three boys turned to look at me with confused faces, especially ricky. "did sweet little nini actually do something bad?" one of the basketball boys teased. "um i don't think so?" then i just gave ricky a confused look to convey that i don't know what could possibly be going on. he returned the same look. "i guess i'll see you later," nini tells ricky while she starts to walk in the opposite direction to the principal's office.

ricky pov

i wasn't too worried about nini being called to the office just because it couldn't have been anything bad. that girl has the best grades in school, is the sweetest to everybody, and it's probably gonna be some award for who knows what. i head off to class with the boys. i wait all of first period to see nini walk into the classroom expecting her to explain why the principal needed to see her. the bell rings after an hour signaling that a whole hour has gone by. still no nini. as i walked to my second class of the day i started to get worried. i hadn't gotten any texts from her or anything. i plop down in my seat in front of big red for my AP Bio class. "hey man, did ya study for the test? i crammed for so long last night that i need to get this over with." i let out the biggest sigh,"shit red. i completely forgot and nini even reminded me." "nini's gonna let you copy off of her. chill." big red responds. "um no she won't. she's not her right now." ricky replies back. "well obviously dude. the bell hasn't rang yet," he continues. ricky chuckles a little because red isn't caught up," no i mean like nini is in the principals office right now. and i'm not sure if she'll be back to take the test this period." "sorry man, looks like you're on your own. i'd help you out, but sitting behind you doesn't exactly make it easy to show you my test," big red tells ricky while he clears his desk, all but a pencil, to be prepared as the teacher walks around with the tests at the sound of the bell. i'm so screwed.