5. The Curse

After one month

The physician checked Min-Shi's health and indeed she was pregnant.

Hearing the news of the pregnancy of the young girl, the Queen was absorbed in deep thought where she recalled what Mi-sook told her.

Flashback

"Your Highness! It is clear that you are barren, but you may still be able to give birth to a child."

"How is that possible?" the Queen asked desperately.

"My Queen! Kindly forgive me for what I am, saying, but we need a girl to sleep with the King."

Queen angrily looked at Mi-sook, but before she could react, Mi-sook calmed her down.

"Trust me, you've no alternative. Don't worry, we just need a girl to conceive on your behalf, but I'll make sure that the baby will come out of your body using my powers." Mi-sook reassured the Queen.

Flashback Ends

At Night

The Queen gave Mi-sook some of Min-shi's belongings, including a lock of hair, leaving the rest to the shaman.

As Mi-sook was preparing to cast her spell, and was about to toss Min-shi's belongings into a fire pit when a sword was placed on her shoulder, inching towards her neck—it was Lord Yong.

"This is my last warning, stop performing black magic and leave the palace or else get ready to bear the consequences," Lord Yong threatens her.

Mi-sook smirked and said, "Do you think a lowly servant like you could scare me? You're a fool. It's you who will bear the consequences once the Queen comes to know about this," she held her ground and told him to go ahead, without an ounce of fear on her face.

Lord Yong raised his sword, preparing to strike when suddenly a voice commanded him to stop. It was the Queen. She ordered the guards to capture him. They launched themselves at Lord Yong, but he wasn't going to give up without a fight and deftly dodge their advances, holding his own.

At last, Lord Yong fell to the ground; defeated. He was taken prisoner by the guards and locked up in the dungeon, he thought back to the Queen's dream and wondered if this was all fate. Only now he had no way of stopping it.

Mi-sook resumed her spell, as she started to put Min-shi's belongings into the fire, a charcoal black fume erupted from it, forming a dark shadowy entity. It flew across the ceiling and screeched. The dark shadow found pregnant Min-Shi's room, seeping through the walls and under her blanket. It took her body, jolting her awake. She convulsed, desperately clawing at herself as the black shadowy smoke took control, causing her hands to blacken and her fingernails to break off.

The shadow lifted her into the air, and went limp. It then exited from her body, having gotten what it wanted. Min-Shi's body fell back to the ground with a thud.

The Queen was lying on her bed with a talisman attached to her skirt as instructed by Mi-sook. Just as before, the shadow entered and creeped under her covers, placing Min-shi's child inside of her.

Everything went as per Mi-sook's plan. It was confirmed that the Queen was pregnant. But Mi-sook had one last thing to take care of.

Min-shi, somehow still alive, woke up in fear recalling what she had seen a couple of minutes ago and freaked out over the damage the shadow did to her body. She didn't take much time to realise that this was the work of black magic, and all this was the doing of that shaman.

Mi-sook and her henchwomen marched in to kill her. She couldn't believe Mi-sook would dare to bring black magic within the walls of the palace. Mi-sook ordered them to kill her, but she managed to get past them.

She rushed straight into the Queen and begged her to spare her.

"My Lady! Please save me. I have done whatever you had asked of me now it's your turn to save me. There is no one to take care of my family, my mother is ill, and my brother is too young to do anything. I am the only bread earner of my family, please, have some mercy," Min-shi cried hysterically, in fear of losing her life.

Mi-sook walked up to them from behind, telling her not to worry about them since they would suffer the same fate. Her ladies brought out Min-shi's mother and brother, causing Min-shi's eyes to widen in fear and shock. They knocked them both to the ground and killed them right in front of Min-shi's eyes.

Enraged, Min-shi charged Mi-sook with incredible power. She grabbed Mi-sook by the throat.

"You cruel shaman! You murdered my innocent mother and brother and you still have the audacity to smile without any remorse. Even after doing this sinful and heinous act. You have made me suffer, you have taken away my family from me, now I will make sure you will suffer too, I curse you,

The dark art you are so proud of,

The black magic that you have been using only for destruction,

And the sin of murdering my family,

It will come to you someday in the same manner,

You will also die by inches,

Your carcass will be deprived of cremation

and will eventually be eaten by animals."

Her heart tore apart when she saw the lifeless body of her mother and her little brother. She had promised her brother a new outfit and a pair of shoes on his birthday. Tears rolled out of her eyes without any barrier.

Suddenly a knife was driven into Min-shi's back by the Queen. Min-shi wailed out in pain as the queen took a step back, her hands shaking and covered in Min-shi's blood.

As Min-shi started to fade, her eyes flashed again and she heard the sound of a baby... No, two babies were crying. She laughed and congratulated the Queen for the twins.

"Congratulations! My Queen. It's TWINS. But **cough**this won't be a happy ending for you, unfortunately. You forced an unmarried woman to sleep -cough- with a man, I did it for the sake of my country but what you did to my family is something I will never forget. I'll never forgive you for what you've done to me and I'll make sure that you too never forget this.

I curse you,

You will have twins,

Both healthy and beautiful,

But once they will reach the age of eighteen they will slowly and painfully die, they will go mad being chased by dark shadows everywhere they go.

They will be surrounded by nightmares even in their dreams.

They will shiver in fear once the sun sets."

But then, she was stabbed in the back once more, this time by Mi-sook. Min-shi fell over, bloody tears streaming from her eyes as she took her last breath and died.

 Min-shi fell over, bloody tears streaming from her eyes as she took her last breath and died