28. A Familiar Intruder

Si-ri sat lost in her thoughts when a sudden sound brought her back to the present. She quickly realised that the sound was coming from the bushes near the cave. Si-ri quickly hid for her safety, peeping from her hiding spot. The slim figure was moving towards the cave, Si-ri couldn't see the face clearly but noticing the attire she was sure that the intruder was a man. Clutching an iron rod in her hands she stood prepared to attack the coming intruder.

The man was heading towards the cave, whistling.

"This intruder must be a pervert," Si-ri held the rod tight and was ready to pounce on him.

The moment he entered the cave, he encountered Si-ri as she was about to attack him but they both froze in shock looking at each other. The rod was dangling in the air being in Si-ri's hand because the intruder was none other than Min-ho.

Si-ri's rendezvous with Min-ho was radically contingent and unpredictable.

Si-ri bits her lip in furry. She was still trembling in fear.

Min-ho moved closer to her with those intense eyes that look so deeply into her, "Hey, it's me." Her breathing became softer, the pensive look melting into a smile as soft as the morning light. Her body squirmed just a little as her muscles relax.

There was something about Min-ho's gaze that always helped her feel relax.

Si-ri came closer and hugged him, digging her face to his chest. Min-ho froze in awkwardness and his heart was pounding fast. He was about to move away from her embrace as he was feeling shy but heard something soft. "I thought we'll never meet again," said Si-ri in a weak voice.

Min-ho sensed the concern hidden in Si-ri's voice and made her look at him. "How could I lose something so precious?"

They both stood there staring at each other, no one made a sound, they didn't have to, their eyes spoke more than words ever could.

Breaking the eye contact Min-ho uttered, "Well you should learn to welcome your guest better." He entered the cave further, leaving Si-ri in daze.

Si-ri felt anger rush through her at his words. She clenched her fists, stomped over to him and burst out, "There is nothing wrong with my mannerism but there is definitely something wrong with the way and timing of your arrivals."

Looking at her cute face fuming in anger, a small smile crept onto Min-ho's face as he shrugged in response.

Min-ho got busy exploring the beauty of the cave. His eyes roamed freely in every corner of the cave. The most astonishing thing he found inside was the thin waterfall. It added to the beauty and made it look lively. While he was admiring the beauty of the place, a voice shook him out of his trance.

"How did you come to know that I was here?" asked Si-ri with a confused expression.

Min-ho turned away from Si-ri, his gaze landing on the flowing water as he walked over to it, "The day when your father was revealing the truth, I was there in the mansion. Don't get me wrong, my intentions weren't to eavesdrop on your conversation. I was there to thank you for the books as I was happy that I could read and write but I saw your father coming so I hid and eventually overheard the truth."

Si-ri couldn't understand how to react to this but above all she is happy to see Min-ho again.

"Are you alright? "Asked Min-ho, looking at her.

"Ahh! Yes, it's okay. Don't worry," said Si-ri, assuring Min-ho with a smile.

"But why have you come here?" asked Si-ri

"I came here to wish you. Happy Birthday Princess." Min-ho kneeled down and presented her with a gift.

Si-ri quickly snatched it like a child and hurriedly opened it, to reveal a beautiful jade studded hairpin.