40. A Leap

Five years later

Ruyi runs in the castle's corridor with a smile on her face, with absolute grace.

"Catch me if you can!" she says and continues running.

"No wait mommy, mah shoelace!" the young boy who was running behind Ruyi says and stops running making a puppy face.

Ruyi stops and sighs before smiling at the boy while bending down to tie his laces. She kisses him on the cheek and says,

"Rian, now enough of playing. It's time for your studies. Come,"

Rian was the apple of Ruyi's eye, he was an adorable little tot who resembled both herself and Jian.

The castle that was once haunted with the wave of miseries and silence, now echoed with the lively giggling of the little Crown Prince. The little boy once again brought the palace and it's people back to life with his bright smile. The Emperor and Empress find their lost son in the face of Rian.

Ruyi painted a portrait of her love, Jian. She usually talks to the painting when she really misses him. She is still standing in front of the painting touching it with her fingertips gently.

"You know Jian I have never been this happy in my life after your demise. Our son is the reason behind all this happiness. He is cute and handsome like you. I love his little talks. I still enjoy dancing in the rain with Rian, the little boy really feels delighted to see snowfall. In this way I'm no more alone to capture the beauty of every season. Your parents are happy too, Rian has become the centre of their world. Besides all this happiness I never forget you for a single moment. Your place is eternal in my memories. Memories that always gave me the vigour to stand strong in the time of chaos. That's how I'll recall the magic of those beautiful times that we spent together. These beautiful memories will accompany me till my...... last breath.