35. The Saga of Revenge

Princess Ruyi followed Jian as it was obvious that he was going toward the garden but to Ruyi's shock he walked to the last chamber, the shaman's chamber. She couldn't enunciate her mind what Jian was doing in that shaman's chamber. From the day Ruyi arrived at the palace she never liked that shaman, nothing personal but it was Mi-sook's dark aura that always made her insecure. Ruyi followed Jian being suspicious.

Jian arrived unannounced at Mi-sook's chamber. Mi-sook came to him and said, "I have given you this body of Prince Jian, you must always be grateful to me. You can get what you want but be careful, the moment you disappoint me I'll send you back to your place again."

"Don't worry, I won't disappoint you," said Jian.

"Twenty years of planning and suffering has finally come to an end. I'll demolish this royal family soon."

Ruyi was in tears when she learnt that the man in front of her was not Jian, Mi-sook had given Jian's body to a goblin for her use.

The revelation of Jian's death broke Ruyi. She felt her blood run cold and started to feel numb. Any little bit of happiness she had regained, crashed down on her ten times worse. Her eyes glazed over with unshed tears as she held back the tears brimming her eyes. But she kept strong holding in her cries, she continued to eavesdrop on her conversation, wanting to know about her plan. She knew this was what Jian would want.

The cruel shaman sits prim in an old winged armchair, both her hands resting on its sides of the armchair, her eyes as dark as raven wings as dark as midnight staring at the roof. Her sudden thunderous laughter echoed in the room. Then she turned her somber eyes onto the man standing right in front of her.

Mi-sook leaned back and began to turn the pages of the past.

"We were two sisters, Nabi was the younger one. She was like her name; a butterfly. Happy, colourful, sassy and beautiful and not to forget she was the centre of my life. She was like my own child. Nabi too loved me a lot."

"I always dreamt of becoming a physician but we didn't have enough money to afford the fees of scholars or to buy the books either. Nabi decided to serve the royal family and was selected to be the personal court lady to serve the Dowager Queen. She wanted to earn for me and help me ."

"She never knew one day her flawless beauty would become her enemy. Dowager Queen was a ruthless and grumpy lady, she used to beat Nabi for every single mistake. The younger Prince was attracted to her, and used to save Nabi from The Dowager Queen's wrath. This way he slowly made a place in her heart. Nabi warned the Prince that there was no future for their relationship and that she wasn't the right match for him, but he never took her words seriously."

"One day the Prince came to meet her in the Dowager Queen's chamber at night. Nabi asked him to go back but he didn't pay heed to her words and eventually, the cruel Queen caught them."

"The cruel lady grabbed Nabi by her hair and ordered the guard to kill her. Before she could ask for mercy a sword was stabbed into her making gasp for breath. There my poor Nabi, my sister, my child and my world died. The Prince was so in love with Nabi that he couldn't undergo the pain of her separation and ended his own life too."

"The next morning, a few guards came and threw Nabi's body at the door and walked away. Her body was drenched with blood. One of her friends who also served in the palace told me everything. That day I took an oath to destroy the whole Royal family. They had killed my innocent Nabi and promised myself that I would make them cry for their loved ones as they had made me cry for mine."

"I soon came to know about a shaman, I went there and entered the world of dark arts. I became adroit in my practice, many started coming to me for solving their problems. In this way, I earned fame in Noam and one day I got a call from Dowager Queen. The hunter was becoming the hunted. . That old wretched wanted to get rid of her step son so that he could not become King.