34. Something is Fishy

When people were mourning around Prince Jian's body, a black shadow made its way from his nostril, and in a fraction of seconds, people encountered the most unnatural phenomena of their lives.

Prince Jian woke up.

The people around him couldn't believe their eyes even Ruyi and the King were in a state of utter shock. Deep down they were happy to see him alive but the question arises here, how? How did he come back to life when he had been declared dead by the physicians?

Silence creeped around the room. The King gestured to the physician to check him. He reluctantly read Prince Jian's pulse and to his surprise everything seemed fine. In fact there were no signs of illness, he was cured.

"Your Majesty! It's indeed a miracle. The Crown Prince has not only come back to life but has also defeated his illness. He just needs some rest." The royal physician informed the King.

The Queen looked at his son alive and her expression was priceless. She ran to his son and hugged him happily. "My son! I knew it, I knew you would come back to your mother."

"If you all don't mind, I wish to take some rest," said Prince with a lackluster voice.

"Why not son, whatever you need," The King ordered everyone to leave.

"Good night son, take proper rest. We'll see you tomorrow," said the King and left the room with the Queen.

Before, Ruyi could say anything to him, he had already closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. She became suspicious of his sudden change in his behaviour. But soon dropped that thought assuming that tiredness might be the reason.

Ruyi soon fell asleep while glaring at Jian. After a long time she was now able to sleep well like a child.

Twilight fades away and the majestic sunrise with orange red glow seeping over the horizon. Upon waking, Ruyi burrowed herself into the soft quilt. Rubbing up the remainders of last night's sleep, she gazed out at the horizon and admired the vivid light extended across the orange sky.

"The morning is beautiful," she said turning around to face the Prince only to see that he wasn't in bed.

"He is always a morning person, he must be waiting for me at breakfast." Ruyi sat up, dragged her feet off the bed, stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

At the dining hall, Prince Jian threw away the crockeries. "What the hell have you served me?"

The court ladies were shivering in fear looking at Prince's rude behaviour. Prince had never mistreated any of their staff, therefore the two ladies looked at each other widening their eyes in bewilderment. One of them managed to utter something.

"Accept our apologies for failing you. Crown Prince, but you always like to have chrysanthemum tea every morning."

"From today onwards, don't serve me this stinking liquid. Bring me some fresh meat as soon as possible." Prince Jian said with a grim expression.

The two ladies fasten their pace and exit the hall to bring meat for the Prince.

The next moment, the dining table was decorated with different kinds of meat and other meals. The Prince started to gulp down everything without a pause to breathe and took another swinging bite of chicken.

The Emperor and Empress entered the hall with a wide smile on their faces but the smiles faded away the moment they saw Prince Jian eating meat. The couple looked anxious and nervous. They stepped closer and grabbed their seats but the Prince was so engrossed in eating that he could hardly see them.