diez

i'll be transitioning this story into present tense so let's get it and the chapters will sort of start to be longer than the beginning of the book

references are up there ^

inside out - chainsmokers

-

My heartbeat was drowning out the common sense in my brain. I felt numb, like I was floating on a bed of nothing and trying so hard to focus on something.

Did he just ask me to spend the day with him?

Why did he just ask me to spend the day with him? Was this some sort of joke? If it was, I was damn sure not laughing.

He isn't smiling when I find his eyes again, no, the corner of his mouth is pulled into a deep frown while his eyes sear into mine heavily. It feels like I'm locked in a trance, almost an unbreakable one.

Was he upset that I didn't respond quick enough for him? He can't expect me too.

How could you tell me to spend the day with you and try to seduce me with your good looks? My gut was telling me something between us was going to end bad if I accepted his proposal.

My gut never failed me.

I back away from him until I reach the cabinet he had me pressed onto a few minutes before. There is unreadable expression on his face, something my mind couldn't decipher but nevertheless I still hold his eyes.

I choose my words carefully. "I don't think that's a good idea."

My comment lingers in the air between us for a long time and the tension between us is almost suffocating, so tight that you could cut it with a knife.

I don't breathe. A part of me is to afraid too, his silence could scare me into submission.

I grip the wood behind me and I can feel it digging into my blistered fingertips. It hurts but I don't complain, I'm too terrified too.

The king lowers his dark eyes to my face and I feel blush rising to my cheeks. The aura feeding off him clearly tells me he isn't happy with my words and the way he's stalking towards me confirms my thought even more.

"Why isn't it a good idea?" he asks me with confusion seeping through his words just as he reaches me, "Do you not want to spend time with me?"

I force myself to look away from him. I can't focus when he looks at me like that and I can't think. It also makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter even harder.