doce

burn it by agust d goes so well w this book i can't—

i was going to make this a really long chapter but i decided to split it in two so the part two to this will be up soon as I can begin on it.

-

"What the hell was that?" I nearly almost shout when Mido disappears into the hallway.

Jimin ignores my question and ushers us quickly through his office doors before shutting it after himself. I can sense his agitation ricocheting off the walls. His muscles are stiff and his eyes don't meet mine. Something inside me makes me think Mido's threats weren't empty.

"It's nothing." Jimin answers. I can't help but roll my eyes at his words. Obviously it was more than 'nothing'.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." Jimin speaks to me again but this time he moves to stand in front of me. His fingers knot in my tangly hair and I feel his brass rings bite into my scalp. He breathes deeply and lifts my chin up so that our eyes mesh. "I don't like it."

I swallow, "Obviously, it's not nothing though." I want to shift out of his grip mainly because I can't think clearly when he is this close. It overwhelms me. "I'm pretty sure she just threatened me and I don't even know her."

Jimin licks his lip and removes his hand from hair gently. Instead, he runs both his hands down my arms and rest them on my hips, gripping them softly. His eyes harden and he sighs.

"I'll handle it—her, I'll handle her. Okay? Don't worry about sweet girl."

I can tell he is trying to distract me and avert my attention away from the situation. He has a way with words, well maybe it's just his face that's distracting. I let him steal me away, just for now, because there is nothing else I can do about this issue.

"Do you feel that way with her?" The question comes out of my mouth, out of nowhere. I didn't even want to ask him that. It's not my place but I guess my mind literally has a mind of it's own.

Jimin chuckles, maybe because he was able to distract me. He snakes his arms around my waist and lifts me off my toes lightly. He carries me to the couch and sits down, dragging me onto his lap. "Feel what?"

"That feeling you say you feel with me," I set my hands down on his taunt shoulders because I don't know where to place them, "Do you feel it with her? Is that why everyone says she's your favorite? Your most idolized?"

The whites in Jimin's eyes appear as he shuts them. His brows furrow and his mouth parts open, almost as if he is trying to bring fresh air back to his lungs. His head falls back onto the couch.

"No, not necessarily," his voice weary, "I've known her since we were kids and our relationship is chaotic and tumultuous. I care about her but not the way I care about you, it's very different. But um—my parents want me to marry her, make her my queen."