Nightmares

Warning: this chapter has a gory element to it, if you are squeamish to that sort of thing skip past the writing that has this on it and you should be fine.

Jack's POV

I would say that school is the equivalent to hell but I doubt that's true. Plus I dont think I can say that now with an angel literally being my friend.

I'm afraid this is all fake and I'll wake up to have him not there anymore and just gone like he never existed. When he was finished wiping away my blood I felt my eyes getting heavy. My arm began to drop and I slowly fell asleep. I heard a faint voice but I didn't have any energy to respond or even open them as I emerged in the realm of dreams

I ran downstairs and saw my dad and mother making food. It smelt delicious. "Hey ma, what's cooking?" I waited for a response but she just whispered to dad about something and so he turned around and looked at me deviously. "Well...it's something new, very close to chicken." My mother joined in and agreed having the same smile on her face.

I tried to peak at what they were putting in the cupboard but it was only a black bag. Admittedly it was very a big bag and looked pretty heavy but it could just be that there was loads of stuff in there. I questioned why Felix wasn't with us as he usually is. "He decided to stay at Ken's for lunch. Said that he was...burdening us with how much we were looking after him." There was a pause that I did not like but decided to ignore it as they always act strangely anyways.

Thinking that Felix would have told me I checked my phone only to see no messages. Not even from Ken. I looked suspiciously at the food when it was set on the table. "What is this exactly?" I asked taking a piece of it and eating it. My dad smirked and said. "A good friend of yours helped us prepare this..." My eyes go wide and I rush to the bathroom. Vomit. That's all I could taste now. They couldn't have...could they?

He was the only person I loved and my parents knew about him being an angel but they couldn't have...killed him? I shiver at the thought and brought up whatever was left from breakfast as well. Probably yesterday. "Sweetie it had to be done. I'm sorry," I could hear her lie through the door. I flush the toilet and burst open the door not caring if I hurt my mother.

My pace slowed as I went towards the cupboard that the black back was thrown in. Reluctantly I opened it and seen a glimpse of white before quickly shutting it.

You can do this Jack. That could have been anything.

I open it again fully and seen his one of his perfect wings hung up, dripping blood turning white to a sickening red. I went out to touch the wing and make sure that it was real but it didn't feel like Felix's wings. They felt less fluffy and more boney. As you would expect from a dead angels wing. Then I looked down at the black bag and opening it. Just before I seen what was in I heard my mother coming downstairs screaming at me so I quickly locked the kitchen door. And went back towards the bag.

Moving it ever so slightly I seen the top of his head. His lovely dark blonde hair. This couldn't be happening. I reached down to expose more and all I could see was his dead eyes staring at me. My bones went numb and I feel to my knees not wanting to see more.

They had lost all joy, all light, all colour. Light blue to a deadly grey. His skin didn't have colour either, it was a sickly pale. I screamed and held my head. Holding my hair at such grip that if I was shoved at all, it would be ripped out. How could I have let this happen? He helped me so much, stopped me from getting bullied and everything only to have him being eaten by my family?

The worst part was, I actually enjoyed it. The food was actually good and I hated the fact that I actually liked it. I screamed again and heard a loud bang coming from the door. My mother tried to strangle me and my father collapsed to the ground. "Stupid child. I can't believe you fell for the whole thing. Your father is probably dead and it's because of you! So this is my revenge for taking away the only joy in my life!" I punched her out of anger and quickly ran out the door.

Running...Running...More running

She started to catch up to me until I got to a ledge. I've always hated heights but I can't turn back. I looked behind me and seeing her so close I jumped. As I did I saw my life flash before my eyes, all the happy memories I had with Felix. All the times when he has made me happy and I felt a tear go across my face.

The rocks were getting closer and I smiled knowing that I would join him again. Away from all of this. Then everything went dark...

I darted up, scaring Felix slightly. I hugged him tightly never wanting to let go in fear that I'd lose him. He pulled away and looked at me strangely and worriedly. "Jack, you okay? What happened?"

"I'm just glad your here." Which wasn't a complete lie but I didn't want to tell him the truth. "Promise me that you won't let me tell anyone who you are, who you truly are."

"I doubt you would anyway, everyone will think you're crazy," he let out a half hearted laugh but once he saw my serious face he quickly stopped. "Jack what happened while you were asleep?" I didn't want to recall anything that happened in fear of vomiting again or anything like that. I knew Felix wanted an answer so I gave it in short. "You got killed because of my mistakes!"

"Jack no one is going to kill me or take me away from you I can promise you that." I hugged me tighter and I just melted. Crying on his shoulder. I felt pathetic.

I am pathetic. But in the short time I've known him, I don't want him gone from my life. Not now or ever.

It's insane to start having feelings for your guardian angel, probably against the rules but I don't care. All I care about is keeping Felix safe and alive.

Guess our roles have changed.

Author: hey, I decided to make this chapter a little shorter than the others as I believe this is a good place to end this chapter. I'm sorry if you got confused if it didn't come out at the fact that I edited the second chapter slightly to make it longer. If that is the case I'm sorry I just wanted to make it longer and change it slightly. Anyway, hope you liked it and a new chapter will be coming soon.