Only just friends

Felix's POV

I tried to focus on the movie but I couldn't. I knew that something was wrong, I could feel it.

Finally the film ended and I stood up, "I'm sorry to leave so soon but I just need to do something, I'll see you all tomorrow." They all said goodbye and I left without any other words.

Please be okay Jack.

I teleported to his house and didn't see anything. Then I heard a slight creak in the floorboards coming from upstairs, I raced up and saw a slight open door. Opening it fully I saw Jack sat up right, his back covered in drying blood. "Jack?!"

Quickly, I got to his side and hated what I saw. He flinched away from me and wouldn't look me in the eyes at all. He put the knife back towards his neck and pressed against it. "Guess this is what you wanted. Just me, only me getting this. It's what I deserved anyway."

"Don't you dare give me that bullshit!" I grabbed knife and put it on the bedside drawer so he couldn't get it easily. "FELIX WHAT THE HELL!"

"I don't care what you say, I'm not letting die! I don't know what I'd do if you left me alone." I meant the last part and he went silent. Not dating to speak another word. "Now let me help you, where is the first aid kit?" He weakly lifted his arm up and pointed to the drawer. I helped him up, not caring that any blood would get on my clothes, and set him down his back leaning against the bed.

Searching through the drawer, I finally found the first aid kit. I got out a cloth and dipped it in the disinfecting water. Slowly put it towards his wound. He shifts slightly and closed his eyes. I could tell it hurt him but I can't leave him in this state. "This situation seems familiar." He joked and I sadly smiled at him.

I could tell he wanted to lighten the situation up a little but I just didn't want to say anything in case we get into another argument. I gently rubbed his chest, getting off all the dried blood and stopping it from becoming infected. "This is my fault I should've been here." Jack moved his head to face me and gave me an unreadable look. "Don't blame yourself on this. We wouldn't be in this situation if I could look after myself. You wouldn't be here right now if it weren't for me, so don't you dare blame yourself!"

I hated to admit it, but he was right. Even then, if I was here to protect him this particular thing wouldn't have happened at all. I could've took the beating, I could've pretended to be Jack so he wouldn't have this. "Turn around, I have to fix your back as well." His eyes widened as he slowly turned around. I could tell there was words there but I couldn't tell what they said because of the blood that was in the way.

I done the same thing I did with his front and now the words were clear. "Stubborn little bitch..." He turned his head as I said it and his eyes glistened like he was ready to cry. A tear escaped and out of instinct I wipe his tear away not wanting to see him cry. "I'm sorry, Jack. What I said, I did not mean any of it."

"It's okay. All you wanted to do was help, that is your job after all." He went back to my job as if that's the only reason why I'm here. I hated that. "Besides, when you're angry you say things. I'm assuming the same goes for angels so it's alright. I forgive you. Besides what you said was right so I don't have any reason to be upset."

I wanted to disagree but decided against it as it will just end up in another fight. I cannot afford that right now or ever again. "Jack you are an incredible person, I never meant to hurt you."

"Don't worry Fe, I know you didn't. I believe in actions speaking louder than words anyway and this isn't the first time you are cleaning me up after getting hurt." He chuckled a little but hugged his side, laughing hurt him. "What I'm trying to say is, thank you. You've done quite a lot." I smile at him and his head goes back to face the bed.

After I was done cleaning I picked up the bandages and rapped them around his torso. Giving him enough space to move and breath but tight enough so they don't fall off.

He stood up and so did I and we were facing eachother. Jack shyly looked down and held out his arms. I embraced him and we stood there hugging. I felt my wings slowly start to appear but I didn't care. All I cared about was Jack.

I could feel his hand drift towards my wings, it felt strange at first but I sharp got used to it. "They are so soft and fluffy." I smiled and stroked his hair. We were both content with this. Jack was the first to pull away and he stood there amazed. Did he have his eyes closed while we were hugging?

"It's incredible," I chuckled slightly, "you're incredible!" Then I started to blush madly. Somehow he didn't notice as he was way to interested in my wings. To angels this is obviously normal but to humans, I'll be like a living miracle. He walked back towards me and hugged me tighter. I wrapped my arms and wings around him in a protective manner. This will also help heal him a a little. I can't do full but I can make it so it doesn't scar when it's healed.

He snuggles into my chest, "She doesn't get back till midnight so do you want to watch a film?" I nodded and he dragged me towards the stairs. He slowed and let go of my hand leaning on the banister on the way down. His foot slipped on the second step and he tumbled all the way down. Not caring if I fell I raced after him to make sure he was okay. "I'm fine don't worry about me, just a little sore but that'll pass over, now let's watch a film." He got up and walked to towards the sofa.

I hated how reckless he was being and I could tell each step hurt him but he kept pushing through and I knew I couldn't stop him, so instead I swooped him up and walked towards the sofa with him in my arms. "Fe what are you doing?" He said giggling. "Making sure you don't hurt yourself more." And I carefully set him down on the sofa. "Now do you want a coffee or a hot chocolate or anything?"

"Well I'd like to be able to sleep tonight so how about an hot chocolate." I nodded and made my way towards the kitchen making us both a hot chocolate. I returned and he thanked me, taking a sip then burning his tongue. "Ow! That's really hot!"

I face-palmed and laughed a little, "well no I thought it'd be freezing it's not like it's just came out of a kettle," he laughed. Like really laughed and by god I loved the sound. His happiness is so contagious and I wished he was happy more often, he could brighten anyone's day. "Aw man I thought a HOT chocolate is supposed to be cold."  He jokingly pouts making me laugh with him. "I'm glad you're my friend Felix. My best friend"

Is that all I am to him. His best friend? After everything I'm just a friend? Should have seen this coming really. I'm an angel for Pete's sake! I shouldn't be in love with a human! It's not like it's illegal but what do I do now?

All I can do, is stay with him, I might not be dating him but I can sure as hell stay his friend. "Fe? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, just thinking about stuff," he looked at me expecting me to say more. His blue eyes filled with curiosity, like a child finding out interesting stuff. "Just wondering, if this works I can choose to either live on earth and become human again or go back to heaven." His looked a little sad at the last part. "I quite like being an angel but I want to stay down here on earth with you, so when the time comes I want to see if I can ask to stay your guardian angel. Go to the same school, still have my wings but hide them obviously and my powers. I'm hoping I can do that but I'm not sure. I shouldn't have even been given a choice so I'm probably pushing my luck."

"Could you not talk to them tonight while in asleep?"

"Maybe, I'll see. For now let's just enjoy the time we have tonight. Together." He smiles and turns his head back to the screen. Shuffling closer to me, he snuggles into my chest and wraps himself up my arms. Like a baby wanting to be held forever. He is so fucking cute like this and I want nothing more than to stay like this forever but all good things must come to an end.

I lightly kiss his head and I could see him blush slightly. Now I couldn't help but smile, I am saving him.

Slowly

But it's still happening.