Car Crash

Jack's POV

It was amazing, I was still a little scared but I knew I'd be safe with Felix. "How about we get some ice cream?" My head darted to face him again and he just laughs at my childlike attitude. "C'mon, let's go. I know that's a yes," I giggled and stood up. He stood up seconds after and I jumped into his arms. He laughed and stumbled a little but regained himself not long after.

His spread his beautiful wings and we soared down to the floor, me hiding my face again in fear. I'm curious, when I'm an angel would I still be afraid of heights? Cause that doesn't seem good. Anyway, we got down and saw an ice cream cart parked outside a store next to a hot dog stand. I got mint ice cream while Felix was boring and just got Vinilla, "god you're so plain." He nudged me and I just had to laugh, his expression was adorable.

We sat on a bench and I felt myself start to get pretty cold. "Hey, you okay?" I nodded and he didn't bye it so he took of his jacket and wrapped it around me. "Won't you be cold?"

"I'm warm blooded, plus it's not like I'm human so I don't care." I rest my head on his shoulder knowing it's pointless even trying to get him to take his jacket back. Once we finished our ice creams we just sat and talked about nothing and everything. It was so fun.

A woman started crossing the road and a car came speeding around the corner. I saw that the girl wouldn't make it and so I jumped out of his arms and he told me to stop, I didn't listen. I pushed her out the way and the car hit me instead. Felix came running towards me and the woman got up and phoned an ambulance. "Jack please don't die! Not now! Not how I did!"

Thankfully the woman was still on the phone and didn't pay attention to what Felix was saying. Guess I was right. "It's okay, I'll see you again."

"Jack no! Don't you dare!" He kissed me once he finished his sentence. It was sweet and caring yet also lustful. It was the perfect goodbye kiss. He pulled away and tears streamed down his face. The driver didn't even care about who he hit and just drove away. Felix was going to run after it but I grabbed his arm before he could do anything. "Please, don't, it's okay. I'm not afraid."

"Jack please, stay don't leave! I don't want you to forget me!"

"I'll still love you again. I promise," I hated making promises that I might not be able to keep but I had to reassure him. He kissed me again and this one lasted longer. Neither of us wanted it to end. But eventually we both had to pull away for air. "Felix it hurts to move."

"I know, it's okay just relax. Hey you!" He said to the girl who was looking into the distance. "When is the ambulance going to get here?"

"They said about five minutes, thankfully it wasn't that busy." She half joked making Jack smile a bit. "Thank you for saving me but you didn't have to. I don't have anyone but you have a caring boyfriend. Why did you save me?" She knelt down as she asked. "Because you still have a chance to make friends and have someone care for you. You were in trouble and so I helped, please don't thank me and don't feel guilty." She looked down and I joked to lighten the mood a little, "it was that idiot driver that's at fault." They chuckle a little and Felix just looks down upset.

A couple minutes past and the ambulance still isn't here. "Jack can you move at all?" He asked me and I tried so hard but I couldn't feel anything want to move. I cried out in pain. "It hurts!" The woman looked away not wanting to see me in pain and Felix just cried and put his head on my chest.

The ambulance came shortly after and pulled me into the van. They were both allowed in and they were asked questions. "Who are you and how do you know this man?"

The girl answered first. "I'm Hannah and he saved my life from a car that was speeding. I couldn't catch the licence plate." The doctor nodded and he turned to Felix. "I'm Felix and I'm his boyfriend."

"Okay we are going to see if there is any metal or plastic stuck in you okay?"

"Alright." Felix looked away and I caught a glimpse of his hands, they were covered in blood, there could be something still there but I'm not sure.

The doctor lifted me up slightly and noted that a piece of metal was stuck in my back. Slowly I was starting to get light headed. Maybe from loss of blood? "Felix?"

"What is it, Jack?"

"Can I close my eyes for a second I'm starting to get really light headed." He shot up and looked at me with tears still in his eyes. Fresh ones keep falling. "No don't you dare close those eyes! You are strong you can live through this." I tried my best to keep my eyes open and the woman just sat and stared out the window silently crying. "Sir, the metal has seemed to hit a vital blood vessel, you are lucky you haven't passed out yet." Great thanks doctor that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

He tried his best to clean the wound and try to pull it out but every corner shook the van and so he couldn't take it out without maybe making more damage. So instead he cleaned up face and took a look at my hand and wrist. "Your hand is entirely fractured" really doc? That's exactly what I want right now. Felix just stuck by my side and tried to hold back any more tears. "It's okay to cry." I said to him and he let it all out. Some fell on me but I didn't care.

he must've seen my eyes shut because he tapped me on the arm and said, "I love you..." Those last words were a little fuzzy and I couldn't hear what else he said. I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I close them and the last thing I heard were Felix's cries but I didn't have enough energy to awaken again.