Back to heaven

Jack fell asleep on me while we were watching the film so I decide to pick him up and carry him to his bed. Never expected him to be so light. It's effortless to carry him I was so surprised. Anyway, I laid him down and there he was safe and sound, no care, no hurt, no violence. Nothing.

I was standing behind him, just watching sleep soundlessly until he grabbed my arm and pulled me down with him. Wrapping my arms around him, he shuffled closer. I thought about what Jack said about seeing the head angel, and so I did. Leaving my body behind I took my conscience back up to heaven where there I would speak to her.

It's strange being back, I've only been on earth for like what 3 to 4 days and it feels like I've been there for months. I'm guessing she knew I was coming and so teleported to me instead of me having to go to her. "I heard what you were telling him before."

"Okay?"

"And it can be done. You will be an aging angel while you're on earth and when you come back to heaven you'll be the same age as when you died. However, when Seán dies you can't be by his side."

"Wait what? Why?!"

"Because if you truly love eachother then he will grow feelings again but because you were an angel when you met him, his memories have to disappear when he dies and therefore can't see you as you are an angel."

I understand why they are doing it. They do it for all humans and this could be a chance for Jack to restart completely, it will still be off of old age when he dies, well in hoping anyway. It means he doesn't have to carry this burden while he is meant to be enjoying afterlife. "Small amount of time and that mortal already has you wrapped around his finger." I lightly punch her arm and she giggles a bit, I know she is right. "Thank you, Emma. For everything."

"You don't have to thank me...well no that's a lie you do but I have never seen you this happy before. Even when you were still alive."

"He's brilliant. Even the alters I met were nice. Been through so much yet stays so strong." I looked down sadly. "And he forgives those who doesn't deserve forgiveness."

"You did deserve it and you still do. Anger controls and sometimes you just can't help but hurt those you love." I hug and thank her. "Since time works differently, do you want to stay in heaven for a little bit. Angels don't sleep as you know so you might be a little bored just lying in bed. Tonight is Karaoke,"

I chuckle a bit. "Yeah okay sure but I can't sing that well without auto tune,"

"That's fine most others can't either and if you sing with emotion it could reach good ol' Jackaboi on earth." I agree and she leads me to a party place. It's like a pub just with no alcohol.

Once we got there I seen a familiar face, one I met at Jack's school. Mark. He makes eye contact with me and he stares, blinks a couple times then stares again. Unsure if it's real or not. I leave Emma to talk to him and he puts down his cup on the table beside him. "How are you here? Why are you here I thought you were on earth. Did you die today?"

He shook his head and chuckled a bit. "No I died a long time ago. I was appointed to being a guardian angel for Amy and since I succeeded I was allowed to live on earth but still be an angel. I'm guessing that's what you are doing with Seán?"

"Yeah it is. How have I never seen you before?" Emma put her hand on my shoulder, she must've been listening. "Thought it'd be best not to mention that another angel lives in your area in case you went looking for said angel. Anyway, you have seen him before. Crossed paths a couple times but your brain doesn't tend to notice until you actually met that person plus you don't really pay attention to angels."