Music

Felix's POV

Mark was right and so was Emma. She is probably gonna say the biggest, "I told ya so!" When I go back. If I go back that is. Even then she might visit but I doubt it since she has millions of Angels to look after. Then again, I have to go back eventually to make sure what happened in Jack's dream wasn't actually real. Then again if it was, wouldn't Emma know about it. She would've told me if she did, right?

It really freaked me out. Dreaming about fighting the Devil is never a good thing but then Jack says that he had a conversation with him about heaven and hell. Now, I've got to focus on school, if I am going to live here, I need to play the role to the outsiders.

Jack could tell I was tense and in response, put a hand in my shoulder comforting me. I was fortunate to have him and I relaxed a little, not fully but enough to allow him to take his hand off. But like I said, I have to focus on school.

As we walked into the school, we saw the bullies and Jack stopped dead in his tracks. They didn't do anything so thankfully I didn't have to kick their asses again but they did scowl at Jack. I could see the hatred in their eyes and I have no idea why. Who could possibly hate him, he's so innocent and cute and I hated how some people treated him.

"Fe? You okay?" He pulled me out of my thoughts and I nodded simply explaining that I was going back to Emma after school. That wasn't a total lie but that's not what was bothering me.

I hated lying to him, I hated keeping him in the shadows. Especially now but I can't risk anything.

We saw our friends down the hall and so walked towards them. Jack was still hesitant but he went through with it as he knows they aren't there to hurt him. It's just all new to him. "hey Felix? Did you manage to do the thing?" Mark asked me and I knew straight away what he was taking about. "Yeah I did, and I'm really happy of the results." Thankfully none of the others were listening to us so I won't have to explain. Mark just smiled and nodded his head in a congratulations I told you it would work kind of thing.

This whole thing was too much for me to handle. Normally I just had to settle on a problem one at a time but ever since I've met Jack it's been a bundle of problems and I'm actually starting to get a headache which is bad. Everytime I get one, I get annoyed and sometimes the smallest things irked me and I'm afraid I'll snap at him again.

If I can't contain my anger then what's going to happen between us. He's sensitive and way too sweet to be shouted at even if he does have an attitude.

Goddamn it, I'm just adding another problem on my list and that's on me.

Anyway, first class that we all had together was music. We all headed there until our drama and music teacher bursted through the door.

Ethan's told me that the drama teacher is one of the most dramatic teachers, good thing her personality suits her career. "The reason why I am here is because me and Mr Matthews have a grand idea to put on a talent show!!! You have to work in pairs or groups there can't be anyone there alone." She exclaimed with her hands flailing about as if she was performing Shakespeare.

"Yes, and if you intend to sing or do music, at least one of you has to play an instrument. You are both allowed to sing but there has to be at least one instrument." He added, a lot less dramatic. "That's the only announcement so for the rest of the lesson I want you to get in your groups or pairs and work on what you are going to do."

I turn to Jack and he looks at me. Well we have our partner sorted. Everyone else does too. "So, do you wanna sing?" I ask him and his face goes bright red. "I haven't sung anything in front of anyone."

"Don't worry I'll be by your side the entire time and I'll play the guitar so you won't have to focus on two things at once."

"Only if you sing with me."

"Of course I will, I'm not going to make you do something on your own." He smiled thankfully at me and I couldn't help but smile back. "So what song do you want to do?"

"I feel like, Ashes of Eden is a pretty good one that would work for us." I agree and Jack goes to the computer and prints out the music sheet that I have to learn. "I also know how to play drums and that's in the song so I could do that. I've done both before I know this song pretty well and that's why I chose it."

"If that's what you want to do," he hands me the music sheet and I start tuning a guitar to learn some of the song. Jack on the other hand goes into the other room and practices his drums and probably singing. As the rooms are soundproof completely, he can be as loud as he wants and no one will be able to complain.

Mark walks over to me and has a look what we are doing. "That works really well with you two."

"It was Jack's choice, so what are you and Amy doing?"

"Amy is planning on playing piano while I sing. I asked her if she wanted to join in the singing but she didn't want to but we are going to do the piano version of Wherever You Will Go."

I nodded while starting to learn the other line. "I'm really happy for you Felix."

"Thank you, I'm just hoping I don't fuck it up." He looks at me confused. "I have to go back to Heaven and talk to Emma...about Jack. Something happened and I need answers, I have a feeling she's not telling me everything." He looks a little worried but understands. "If you need anything just ask, I'll go up there and help you," I thank him again and he walks back to Amy. Good timing cause Jack also steps in the room just as Mark sits down next to her.

Just as he walks towards me the bell rings and Jack leaves without asking me or saying hi to me or anything. He speedwalks towards the toilets and I quickly follow him, Mark close behind after he seen how strange he was acting. We entered and locked the door so no one else could come in. "Felix go away!"

I look at Mark and so he speaks instead, "Seán it's Mark, are you okay?" I hear him yell no and so I go into the room next to him, making myself invisible, even from him. "What happened back there, you left so quickly. What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you! You'll think I'm crazy! Can't tell Felix, he'll be too worried!"

Well he's not wrong. Whatever it is I'm going to be worried, he was fine a couple minutes ago and now he sounds like he's crying. "You can tell me, I won't think you're crazy."

"I have a bunch of different alters and I had a switch. Multiple actually. I thought they were over but they aren't. The first one was Anti my pursecutor, then Shneeple we don't really know who he is yet and then it was Marvin. They were all arguing and Anti brought up Felix saying that he's only using me and I was scared because I started to believe him!" I could tell Mark was not expecting to say any of that, especially the last part.

"Well, I used to have switches too and I learned that my pursecutor was a manipulator, he would lead you into this false sense of security and he wants you to him him because he wants to take advantage of you. He done that with me so many times and I believed a lot of the words he said until I realised that it's all fake." Mark had alters? Do they disappear when they die?

"But I'm scared in case I switch in front of Felix, into Anti. He's already met Chase and JJ but that's why I ran because I don't want to switch in front of him and do something I'd regret." I go over to the door and pretend to open and close it while making myself visible again. "Jack it's me, could you please open up?"

"No, no one can see me like this!" I look at Mark and he just looks so worried and concerned. This probably didn't happen until I showed up so this is my fault. "I don't care what you look like! I need to see if you're okay!"

"Just go to class! I'll see you at lunch!" I didn't actually see him that much before he ran, "did he hurt you?"

Silence.

Jack would have answered by now, came up with a lie but he didn't. It could be JJ, but I'm not sure. "Seán?" The door opened to reveal JJ. He signed "I'm sorry but I don't think he is going to come out for the rest of the school day." I nodded, understanding that you can't just force him out. Mark did too as he apparently knows what it's like to have alters. I guess I'll never know what happened until Jack comes out again at least.