Spending a Day with a Friend

Jack's POV

I would be lying if I said I didn't love Felix. I don't know why but I just can never bring myself to hate him no matter what happens or what my brain thinks. There were so many times I wanted him to leave, to abandon me and I just wanted to hate him but I couldn't. I could do that with everyone else so why not Felix?

Thing is, I want to ask him about what he found out about the dream/nightmare, still haven't decided what it actually is yet but I haven't asked him. I want to know but I also don't. I am going to forget about it anyway once I die so I think I'll just wait until I'm in heaven. He can tell me then.

They say that dogs can sense when their doom is and they stay with their owner with every last breath because dogs are loyal like that. Now I might not be a dog but I can tell my end is coming soon. I'm not going to be the one that causes it but I know it's going to happen soon and so I want to spend every last bit of it with my friends.

Haven't seen my mother in a while, don't really know what's up with her or where she has been but right now I couldn't care less. She was never a mother to me, never cared for me since Dad disappeared. Finally, I know now that I don't have to live by her stupid rules. I can defend for myself and I don't need to out up with her violence.

When she comes home, I'm going to defend myself and won't allow her to abuse me or my alters ever again. Anti can take over and he can do with her as he pleases. I'm done with her driving me into melancholy, it's not my fault dad left and she cannot blame me for whatever her mistake was! I will protect myself and finally be rid of her.

Since it was a Saturday, Felix told me that he wanted to talk to Mark and will probably be with him all day so Ethan invited me over to his to play some games. Said something about a stick fight game? Either way I'm sure it'll be fun.

He texted me his address and I arrived feeling happy, would be happier with Felix but my friends are good and fun. I love them, as friends of course. When I got there he greeted me and we instantly started playing games.

We created a server to play on and then some other guy joined called pixl. I recognized him as I always used to play games with him until my mother thrown away my console and computer, we still have each other's number tho and so I phoned him and picked up. "Hey Seán, we are in the same server again, good to see you're playing games again but who's the guy you're with?"

"Ethan's a friend, don't worry Robin he's cool."

"Hey Robin!" Ethan yelled through the phone, I put it on speaker and the game started.

https://youtu.be/Iaap66-_2ok
(Video link to what I based the gameplay off of)

It was super fun but Robin had to leave since his mother was calling him for tea. Ethan's father made some food for us which I was grateful for and it was actually really good. He then said that we could bake a cake if we were done playing the game and Ethan instantly said yes. How hard could baking be? "Since it's your brother's birthday you could make it for him?" His father suggested.

"Yeah and this time I won't get it wrong because I have the help of a friend!" His father laughed at us and left us to our own devices. Bad mistake.

"Okay so first things first we need to get out alllll the ingredientssss." Ethan said searching through the cupboards getting everything out while I was searching for a recipe and reading what we needed.

If I'm being honest, I didn't miss Felix that much. Yeah I wanted him to be with me but I didn't miss him like I thought I would. Maybe it's because I feel less lonely being here with a friend and now that Anti's calmed down I can focus on what I think and I'm almost certain that they care.

Haven't had a switch either in a while so that's pretty good. Although Marvin and jackaboyman don't get out often they still get out much more than they are. Last time Shneeple was out some girl broke his heart so I think that's the reason he's hibernating. It was just strange, since Felix has came, things have gotten a lot better and the switches have certainly calmed since I got more friends. It's a bit like when I was with Robin, when I was 10 before she took away the computer and console my father gave me. They didn't come out that much while with him.

as we were about to measure all the ingredients there was a knock at the door. Ethan answered it and it was Mika.  "I hope it's okay, Seán, Mika just has a lot more experience than probably both of us with baking I wanted to make sure this is alright for my brother."

"Yeah of course it's okay," she smiled and walked into the kitchen. "Okay first things first...fffflourrr?" I looked at Mika to make sure it was correct and thankfully it was so I didn't look stupid. "Do you know how to crack an egg with one hand?"

"No, show me." He did and Mika and I just clapped and he jokingly bowed. "Thank you, it's not everyday you meet someone as dashing and talented as I," he said in a funny accent and a deeper and we all laughed and it sounded like he was trying to be Mark.

After a bunch of mixing and measuring all the ingredients were finally in the bowl and it was time to mix. Once it was finished, Ethan was just giggling to himself. "What's up, chuckles?" Mika asked him, "the goop it's funny to me."

I turned to her he just gestured to him, "he's in his own world, he'll come out of it eventually," I chuckled and just ran with it. Now it was time to put it in the oven and I got a phonecall from an unknown number. "Hello?"

"Is this Seán William McLaughlin?"

"Yeah? Who's speaking?"

"It's the Police, we found you're mother on the side of the road."

"How is she, is she okay?" Ethan and Mika had serious faces as they look at me with worry. "Sir I'm sorry but we've found her dead. We had our people check it out, she's been dead for two days." My hand was shaking and I dropped my phone.

I know I said I couldn't care less if she lives or does but now it's a reality. My only family I have left is dead. I felt tears stream down my face and Ethan pulled me into a hug. Mika picked up the phone and talked to them. "Hi, this is Seán's friend. What has happened?"

"Seems like someone has done a hit and run. We didn't find his mother's body 'till now. She is dead."

"Oh,"

"I'm sorry for Seáns loss, if he wants to see her one last time before we bury her?" I shook my head, knowing fine we'll what the officer was saying. "He doesn't want to, then it'll be a reality."

"I understand, tell him we are sorry we couldn't get here sooner. My condolences."

"Thank you officer." She handed the phone back to me and the officer hung up. She's actually dead. Person I wanted out of my life earlier today finally is and I'm upset about it? Why? She abused me, blamed me for everything, never acted like a mother even before dad left. So why am I upset?

I just cried on Ethan's shoulder letting it all out. "I'm so sorry Seán."

"Can I go home? I need to think about a couple things."

"Of course, do you need a ride?" I shook my head and just sulked towards the door. Not caring if anyone saw me cry or pointed or tried to beat me up. Once I was out the door I felt the wave of crash air on my face and it stung the tears still in my eyes. My legs wanted to move and I didn't stop them. I ran, not caring where I went or who I was going towards.

All I felt was emotions rush over me and I cared about nothing. Not even Felix and that scared me.