5 - The Guild

The two of us stood up when we heard a gruff voice ,"Look at those two, look like they have some good money , well surround em , rob em maybe even beat em up a bit!" His friends laughed while the two of us looked at each other before we heard actually speak to us.

"You two , give us all your cash right now or do you wanna die!" He readied an old beaten sword, he was a short man with a rough beard and dark green eyes , probably some sort of dwarf , behind us we heard footsteps they had surrounded us

I sighed ," Look , we don't have any money at all so go away!" I said with annoyed expression all over my face.

"Keep telling yourself that when you're dead with your head on the floor , so I recommend you pass it over now , we outnumber you so give up!" He grinned he expected me to instantly pull out my money, which i wasn't going to because I don't have money and I was hungry , well I wasn't...

I pouted before pulling out my sword , my brother instinctively pulled out his daggers , he coated them with a poison potent enough to knocks a man unconscious the second it cut through their flesh and touched their blood , I struggled a bit , the sword was quite heavy and I haven't actually used it , so with a sigh a dropped it , there was no point using it so I'll just use magic as I readied a spell the man instantly suggested," Given up already?"

I rolled my eyes before I gathered dark magic in my palm , prepared to fire it i quickly whispered 'Dark Dream' a dark mist crept forward as the man convulsed and fell to the floor shaking violently , the other three of the men looked fearful , suddenly my brother lept behind them hitting them on their necks with the hilt of his daggers leaving one more , who I decided I would drink from , I immediately lept on him drinking him as the surge of power ran through my veins once again I felt refreshed.

I looked over to the paralysed man laying on the ground , soon later I was filled once again with that familiar jolt and another cold body lay on the ground , I turned to my brother who had disposed of the bodies with magic , I quickly did the same.

《Several Minutes Later》

We finally arrived at the guild , it was surprisingly still open and quite lively we stood outside leaning against the stone wall ," Should we wear masks? " I asked , I didn't know , maybe looking like we did will draw attention, and it could be pretty cool if no one knew what we looked like!

Wow, I really think like a kid sometimes, well whatever not the time! Looking towards my brother who quickly shook his head , I breathed in and pushed the door , a bell rung out and several faces turned towards the two of us , inside their were many men and few women , most of them wore leather armour with a sword or spear and a few wore robes and staffs , as I looked around the building I noticed the bar in the corner with two lady's manning it serving out alcohol and a few meals , we walked up to the counter I asked the man "Can we get registered in the guild please?"

He looked up from a piece of paper and scanned us before ," Give me your IDs ," He reached out his hand waiting , good thing we had stolen them from the orphanage , I had to change then to increase the mana and age but that much was expected.

I reached into into my pocket and pulled it out , my brother did the same , he quickly scanned through them before handing them back ,"Give me your hand , and take of your gauntlets please," He said in a monotonous tone while pulling out a dagger.

I struggled to take of my gauntlet before just deleting it for the time being , I reached forward as he cut mine then my brothers fingers , it seemed how most verification-like items worked , he pulled out a small platinum card with a magic circle on , we bother placed our fingers on them as they lit up with our names. "Your now registered as G , the lowest , it goes G , F , E , D , C , D , B , A , S , we hope you have fun or whatever ," He mumbled chucking the platinium cards at us and turning to look at the paper that sat on his desk.