6 - The Quest

Me and my brother stood in the guild building , today was the day we were being sent off to some village near the border, it did say its name, I didn't really pay attention, we were being taken there with around twenty or so other adventures as well as the noble who put up the job, apparently he was a Duke and was the one who owned the land , we were just waiting for him now.

The door opened swiftly almost slamming against the wall as conversations turned to whispers when they saw him , yep that was the Duke he wore stupidly fancy armour , it seemed to have jewels implanted on its chest plate, they were a light blue , as I looked him all other, I realised something , he was that women's brother! Her name was... Min... "---Mintaff , if you are the adventures assigned to my quest please follow me outside !" He said in a dignified manner before stepping out. Almost all of the adventures scoffed and the others sighed , following him outside, he was probably one of those cliche stuck up nobles.

When we got outside and saw him with two guards wearing equally fancy armour as the one the Duke was wearing , the other adventures were already waiting , the rest of us stood at the back listening ," As you may already know , I am the great Duke Mintaff owner of the region bordering the demon realm , we have been under attack from demons and require assistance, we will be splitting you in two groups , one to defend the town , while others push forwards to do a preemptive strike stopping any further attacks until my personal army can arrive to my assistance!" He said in a manner that made it seem like he wanted applause , he was instead replied with a great silence , as he coughed awkwardly before continuing.

" I want all swordsman , spearmen or whatever of the such to be on the offensive while magic users stay back to protect the village , if you are of the scout like class I wish for you to stay near the village , checking for ambushes , all magicians or others head to my left while everyone else to my right!"

Everyone nodded except from two people situated near the back of the crowd , we glanced at each other before slowly walking towards our designated sides , the money better be worth it.

《Several Hours Later》

I sat in the carriage, altogether there was four carriages, in my carriage there was around nine others , sadly only one other woman.

" Hi I'm Jack! You?" A voice interrupted my thoughts , it was the young boy sitting next to me , I looked at him , in his hand he held a spear , and wore light leather armour and a small belt with two potions a blue and red , probably mana and healing.

" Zia!" I smiled while replying , I looked closer at his spear , it looked rather expensive , it had a long blade on the end , around the size of a short sword and in the centre there was a hole with two golden rings hanging , weirdly most of his other gear looked shabby next to it , maybe he found it somewhere? Or is it a heirloom?

As I continued to ponder the voice of the woman caught my attention ," Stop trying to hit on other women when your fiance is sat right next to you!" An angry whisper screamed down the poor boys ears as he shivered.

"Don't worry about the potential perv next to me , he does this too everyone , and Jack move over  unless you want to see the Gods! ," She said crackling her knuckles , I'm pretty sure she's the real demon here , Jack stood up allowing the woman to shuffle over , she pushed him out of the way sitting next to me , as I turned around a saw a large grin plastered on her face.

"Sup , names Isabelle,  swordsman!" She grinned placing her hand on her sheathed blade , now that I could properly look at her , I realised she was wearing full metal armour , covering her entire body it was covered in many scratches and dents , underneath it I saw light chainmail which looked rather new compared to the dented armour she was wearing , she surprisingly wasn't wearing gauntlets , allowing me to see the small ring in her finger , compared to the ones from Earth it looked rather bland , but it probably cost just as much.