7 - The Demon Lord

<Zia's POV>

We finally arrived at the village , it was several long days with many treacherous tasks , such as the questions about why a blinding bright light appeared in my tent , a question I couldn't answer so instead I said I didn't remember such a thing happening and completely ignored the fact that my brothers eyesight partially lost the sense of colour for a few hours...

It wasn't my fault...

When the village came into sight it was surrounded by a large stone wall and a sturdy wooden gate , they emitted the slight aura of magic energy , probably an enchantment to make them stronger and more durable , it looked very much like a fortress , probably due to the close proximity to the Demon Realm or Kingdom , I can't remember.

When we entered I saw most of the peoples eyes light up , we were told that at first light the melee fighters were going to head out before returning at midday.

In my opinion it was rather flawed , without the help of ranged support , we probably won't be able to spot flanks and reinforcements before too late , and it could be hard to defeat demons monsters with a high resistance to physical damage but we were getting paid a generous amount so...

Waking up too the light slowly seeping into your room is a relaxing experience , something that I didn't get too have when I heard the screams too wake up , I instantly put on all my armour with my illusion magic and stepped out yawning.

We had rented a room in an inn , I also realised how  big the ' village ' was , compared to the capital it was tiny but it was around 1/4 km in all directions , so quite large for a village,  probably due to it's close proximity to the demon realm meaning it was used as a military stronghold , at least what I thought.

Stepping outside I instinctively covered my eyes , but ig actually wasn't all bright , looked around seeing all of the adventures gathering near the centre of the village,  I walked closer seeing brother I walked behind him.

"You have to go to the south gate to prepare an attack plan and formation or something," he whispered looking forward at the Duke.

"All close range fighters form up behind me!" He screamed turning away and walking towards the gate that my brother had talked about , almost all of the gathering began to walk behind him.

==========

We slowly wandered on the road weapon ready and eyes wandering , I stood near the back when suddenly.

Winged human like creatures covered the sky , succubuses , in their hands they held an assortment of weapons and spells , as soon as we saw them spells began to rain down blocking out the sun , knocking over many and killing more , they rushed towards the us before we  had a chance to get ready , they began piercing armour and spreading blood.

In mere seconds half of us were slaughtered and the remaining stood covered in blood and cowering except from me.

Damn they look so cool!

I looked at them some of them held spears axes or not anything , they had large red wings around 3 metres long with large spikes , they wore dark armour covering barely any of them , on their head was black , silver and red long locks with horns sprouting out of them.

One of them lunged at me , breaking out of my trance I jumped up , dodging the attack and swung down , missing barely by millimetres , my sword cut through air , around me the rest of the adventures were being slain as the woman turned around , she charged at me , for a human it would have looked like she simply teleported right next to me , but I quickly dodged too the right , Blood Javelin,  the crimson Javelin floated above me,  with the signal it charged towards her , her eyes widened as it skewered her chest , she crumpled to the ground as the Javelin slowly dissapeared.