11 - The Broken Doll - Part 1

<Zylia's POV>

I was born into a small poor family hidden deep within the slums of the Demon Kingdoms Capital Aziroth.

Given the name Zylia

It was me and my parents but soon Later my father died, with the kind of jobs he was forced to do it was inevitable, but we moved on.

I don't know what my mother did for her life, she would have became a soldier but she had too look after me, I was just a burden to her.

It was me who forced her into the many horrible jobs forced upon her, yet she kept smiling.

It was the one thing that helped me forget the things I had done to this once lovely family.

Until she gave up, one day I realised finally, her smile was fake, she didn't love me, she despised me.

But I understood why, although young I understood.

I damaged this family beyond repair.

If only I wasn't born maybe they could be happy, but when I found out how powerful I was I thought I could help mother, make her smile again so i signed up to go too the Academy, I was said to be the most powerful child in the whole of the world, or so they said.

Soon later one of the newly elected Demon Lords began to visit me, as he was new, he was also weak after his recent ascension into godhood after the Demon Lord before him died.

It was Frigan.

At first I admired him.

But soon I gradually got weaker, my magic not casting with its power, a fireball once powerful enough to vaporize an entire chunk of iron to only slightly warm the skin, and being weaker than a human.

And he abandoned me, leaving me on my own.

With no chance in the military i gave up.

But as I was walking around in the slums one day with no destination in sight after I had decided to abandon my family to let it heal, people kidnapped me, but i gave no resistance, what was the point I had no reason too.

Hopefully, just hopefully I could be of some use.

I woke up, and it was him.

The pitiful man they called Demon Lord fell to kidnapping, I paid no attention to it.

In my surroundings all I could see was chains walls and a table with devices on it.

They were going to brake me, yet they had no idea, I was already broken.

They thought that night they had pained me and scared me, in my flesh lay scars but in the mind it did nothing, for if something has been scared so much it prepares itself for the next one until no longer can it be harmed.

I simply ignored them falling back into a deep abyss abandoning the true world.

And living in my dreams.

Several years later after my kidnapping I was finally taken out of the dungeon and into the bright sun again, when I first saw myself I didn't recognise the once young girl.

Covered with dirt and small rags covering the most minimal amount of me, showing of the several scars scattered across me.

I didn't know where I was going or what they were saying, I had lost that sense ages ago.

All I did now was as the collar forced me, I was no longer Hiaya but a collar.

9ver the years I had now decided that I should abandon the name given to me by my family, instead I am Zylia, that way i can now never truly pain my family.