Chapter 27 - A Mysterious Man

This is a major announcement. Firstly I'm moving over to a new site. I'll still be active on here but this won't be my main account. My new account is on Scribble Hub. My account is the exact same.

Secondly I'm stopping I Got Reincarnated As My Vampire Goddess for an indefinite amount of time.

This is because the book is just generally bad. If you want a better book which is made using the same idea, that I stole, read The Administrator. It's a really good book, from what I remember. I'll post all chapters that I was writing. Maybe later I'll finish it but for now I'm starting up another book. I hope you understand.

Hope you guys had an amazing Christmas!

Anyway back to the book~

<Zac's POV>

How odd, the signal seems to be avoiding where the goblin village is estimated to be. Somethings wrong...

"Hey Kirian did you notice it as well?" I turned around to Kirian who was looking at the map from over my shoulder, behind him was Mira who was currently sharpening her dagger.

His pupils shrunk as he turned to me. "I think she's been kidnapped," He stated without hesitation in his voice.

I was about to protest but just as the words were about to leave my mouth I realised. It did say she was an Elf. My mouth stayed open like a fish before I hastily closed it.

"What do you mean kidnapped w-" Hey eyes widened as it dawned on Mira as well. This was no monster subjugation.We were dealing with someone skilled enough to take down quite the large wolf without sacrificing their numbers. And they must know what their doing avoiding the goblin village and following her into the forest.

This could overturn a large black market supplier of slaves. We'll have go call reinforcements while we go in and scout. Hopefully we're just being overly cautious though. Although we will gain recognition and prestige this could get us targeted by a large organisation and get involved in business we don't want to or even get blackmailed.

"Is it worth it?" I asked to my two companions.

"I can distort our faces using high level wind magic. It will only last a few minutes if it's only our faces but that's it." Kirian replied slightly grimacing.

True. He can distort images with air if there's no sunlight only magical lights or candles he can even make people invisible for a short amount of time, sadly it blinds them if done on their eyes.

"I'll call in for reinforcements and let you two decide," Mira sat up leaving the two of us to ponder the question.

If it is some sort of large organisation it could be the end of our career and at most lives. Though they won't be able to kill us that easily, we ourselves are quite powerful and have the backing of the guild. Well, I don't know what else it could be other than a large underground organisation. Possibly a small time group who managed to get the jump on her wolf?

Either way it would be quite disappointing if we return empty handed. "Let's go in for some scouting," I declared sitting up. Kirian gave a small nod.

===============

We all treaded lightly, avoiding the leaves and twigs scattered across the ground as we neared the signal. So far we hadn't seen any signs of a large group of people or carriage. Sadly we don't have a rogue and can only spot the obvious tracks.

We have seen some small footprints scattered around. Probably goblins. That's is to be expected though, this is the goblin infested part of the forest.

"The signal is coming from just beyond this bush," Mira whispered into my ear, slightly startling me but I managed to stay still, refraining from jumping.