Chapter 23

After the week vacation, the students are now back to classes. Noises can be heard at the four corner of the canteen. The five girls were seating at their usual spot . Yuna talking to her sister, Chaeryeong and Yeji being flirts and Lia being busy typing at her phone. Chaeryeong noticed that her best friend was so hooked on her business that she doesn't even touched her food.

"Hey Li, you didn't eat your meal". Chaeryeong bumped Lia with her shoulders.

Lia looked at her. "I'll eat it later. I'm still having a conversation with Soobin". She said.

"Eat first, he can wait". Ryujin said plainly, but the brunette didn't mind her and continue replying to Soobin's messages.

Yuna tapped her sister's back. "It's okay sis".

Not so long, a group of girls walk towards their table holding a bunch of flowers, chocolates and letters. The girls squealed when they reached the certain table.

"Hi! Ryujin!" They greeted in unison.

Ryujin just looked at them then continued eating.

"Unnie, you admirers are here". Yuna teased.

Lia looked at the group of girls' direction. 

"I think I saw some chocolates, accept it Ryu, then share it to me after". Chaeryeong's eyes glitters when she saw her favorite sweets.

"U-uhm. Shin Ryujin. It's been 3 years since I admired you from afar. H-here's my l-letter for you, I hope you read it". Girl 1.

"I-I heard that you will have a baseball practice today, I'm s-so amazed at your batting skills". Girl 2.

"Ryujin. I l-like yo--". The third girl didn't finish her sentence when Lia slammed the table.

"Can't you guys see where eating? Did you know that it's disrespectful to disturb someone's meal?" She hissed.

The girls bowed their heads. "I-I'm sorry miss President".

Yeji stood up. "Don't worry girls, I'm sure that my best buddy will enjoy these gifts. Thank you, you may go". Yeji get the presents from the girls' arms, she accepted it with her smiley eyes the seat after. She placed all the snacks at the table then put the letters and flowers at Ryujin's bag.

"Guys, what are you waiting for? Free snacks!!" Yeji announced. Chaeryeong and Yuna excitedly opened the wrap of the chocolates then put it inside their mouths after.

Lia just rolled her eyes at them while Ryujin was quiet at the whole time.

......................................................

"Dude, your admirers are crazy earlier. But it's a good thing, I enjoyed their chocolates". Ryujin smacked Yeji's head after she said that.

The cat-eyed girl scratch her head then continue stretching her limbs. They are in the field right now, practicing for their baseball game. "But seriously, I wonder why Lia reacted that way, she's not that feisty when it comes to that. Maybe she's jealous". Yeji said while putting her baseball gloves.

"You're delusional. Maybe she doesn't want to be disturbed during her meal". Ryujin said.

"What? don't want to be disturbed, but she kept replying to that Soobin. Seriously Ryu, you need to step up your game. You should confess your feelings to her before Soobin asked Lia to be his girlfriend". Yeji convinced her friend.

Ryujin stopped for a moment to think about what Yeji said. She take a deep breath to calm her nerves. She was about to say something when Lia, Chaeryeong and Yuna came.

"What are you guys still doing here?" Lia asked.

"Your teammates are already started practicing". Chaeryeong followed.

The two run to the field after. Hours had past when they decided to take a break, the coach said that Soobin can't attend their practice for today due to an emergency.

Ryujin jogged towards the bench to wipe her sweat, when she seated, she heard a wince.

"Ouch!" A girl said.

"Oh my god! Lia unnie!" Yuna yelled.

Ryujin got alarmed when she heard Lia's name, she run towards her to check her. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. It happened that a ball hit Lia.

The guy who hit Lia was the same guy who hit Ryujin last practice on the last game.

"Can't you control your clumsy hands? First me, now Lia?" Ryujin was fuming. She was about to attack him when Lia stopped her.

"It's fine Ryu, I'm just a bit dizzy". Lia said.

Ryujin carried Lia in a bridal style. "Let me bring you to the clinic". She run carefully towards the clinic room followed by their friends. Ryujin put Lia on the bed so that the nurse can check her. She secretly took out her phone to message Yeji who was beside her.

Buddy

I'll confess to her.

4:34 pm.