chapter one

(That's Avery's outfit)

So...I was wondering, how did you find this book?

Darius POV

I feel so lonely.

I am depressed.

I think that since I left my whole world behind, my life came crumbling in front of my eyes.

After I left my parents and her, I felt like crap. I don't sleep well, I don't eat much, I just go to the company or go to the gym and work my misery out.

I was fooled to think that someone could love me, even after all the good things that I did for them. I don't find meaning in any of the things that I do in my life.

I feel like I act like a robot.

I feel so lonely.

Not alone.

I don't think that I'd be able to get into a relationship after everything that happened.

I just want a kid, I've always wanted to have a little girl.

I think if I adopted a little girl I will have someone to live for.

To want to go home for.

I will go to an adoption center and adopt a little girl.

Avery POV

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder shaking me harshly."wake up, Avery." Mrs.Summers snapped making me get up quickly. I knew if I didn't do as she said at once, I would be punished.

I don't know why she hates me so much. I am the only one that she treats badly. And she even made the other kids hate me too and bully me.

"There is someone important coming here to adopt and I want you to be at your best".she added sighing, "I know you're ugly but at least try." And then she went to wake the rest up.

I got up while rubbing my eyes. When I entered the bathroom, I took a shower and wore a short jean overalls and white T-shirt with flowers.

And then I stood on a chair to be able to reach the sink to brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

I have blue eyes and I have brown hair that I tried to brush to make it look neat but I failed miserably.

I re-entered my room, and the door opened and Amelia -the only girl that treats me well- entered. She is 16 years old, she is older than me with 12 years since I am only 4.

"Good morning, Ave." She said smiling down at me.

"Good morning, Lia." I said smiling. then I remembered my hair.

"Can you do my hair, please?"I asked her shyly.

" Of course."She grinned. She brushed my hair and made two french braids and brushed my bangs.

"Thank you!!" I thanked her hugging her legs.

"You are welcome, baby."she said carrying me to the bed and sat with me on her lap.

"Do you think I'll get adopted today?"I asked looking at her.

"Let's just hope for the better." She sighed.

"I don't want to leave you, but I also don't want to stay here, all the kids here even Mrs.Summers bully me. But if someone adopts me than I will have a home." I told her not knowing how to feel.

"If you didn't get adopted, then I am here to protect you from the bullies, and if you get adopted then we can always call each other and talk and we can even meet. So, don't worry." She said smiling which made me smile back at her.