chapter twenty

Darius POV

"I have something to tell you..." Mrs. Josephine said.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"Well.....it's- I helped miss Kathrine kidnap Avery bu-" She started but I interrupted her.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HELPED HER?! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY DAUGHTER, I GAVE YOU MONEY, I GAVE YOU A PLACE TO STAY, I PAYED FOR YOUR SON'S EDUCATION AND THAT'S HOW YOU REPAY ME?! YOU HELP IN THE KIDNAPPING OF MY DAUGHTER?!" I yelled standing up as my blood started to boil.

"I really am sorry, but she threatened to kill my son an-"

"SO YOUR SON ISN'T SUPPOSED TO GET HURT AND MY DAUGHTER DOES?! I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"

"I am sorry." She apologized, looking down while Leonard was staring wide eyes at Mrs. Josephine, he couldn't believe that Mrs. Josephine had a hand in this.

"Get out of my sight right now." I said trying to calm down.

She left quickly while I just kept standing still not being able to take this in.

"Did you record the call of Katherine?" I looked at Leonard and nodded slowly.

"Well, that could help us as well as the record that I just recorded."

°°°°°

I am on my way to take Avery from the school.

I didn't expect that her first day at school would be that hard for me, I hope that it wasn't that hard for her.

Maybe she had made friends.

What made me relieved a little was that she goes to the same school with Jamie so she already has one friend to talk to.

I have just arrived, I parked the car then headed to the school.

As soon as I entered the school, I noticed Avery standing with Jamie and another boy.

Who is that boy?

I walked over to them, Jamie was the first to see me, he waved at me with a small smile, then poked Avery's shoulder who was in a deep conversation with the other boy, she looked at him and he pointed at me.

When she saw me she ran to me and hugged my leg, I chuckled and picked her up, "daddy, I missed you so much." She said and hugged my neck.

"I missed you too, baby." I told her.

"Daddy, I want you to meet my new friend." She said.

I am happy that she returned to the old friendly Avery, I love that side of her. She started to Squirm in my arms, so I put her down.

She went were she was standing before, "look daddy, that's my new friend." She said pointing to the boy she was talking to when I entered the school, I groaned mentally, don't get me wrong I am happy for her, but couldn't she have girl friends.

I crouched down to be at their height, "hi, Mister." Austin said extending his hand to me, I shook his hand and gave him a small smile, "what's your name, bud?" I asked him.

"My name is Austin." He said then gave me cute smile, I ruffled his brown hair.

"you have a good name." He mumbled a small 'Thanks'.

I stood up, "Let's go Avery." She nodded her head and said her goodbyes to Jamie and Austin.

°°°°°°°

When we entered the car, I looked at Avery from the mirror, "want to go have some ice cream?"

"Yesss!" She squealed.

I started the car and drove to the ice cream shop, I was so happy to hear from Avery's teachers that she did well on her first day.

Of course she wasn't sociable or interactive at the start of the day but with time passing, she started to interact with her teachers and classmates.

"We are here." I told Avery as we arrived, I parked the car infront of the shop.

She started to cheer as she was going to have her favourite ice cream which obviously was chocolate.

I got out of the car and went to her side, I opened the door and helped her out of her car seat.

"Let's go, daddy!" She said cheerfully.

I nodded smiling at her excitement, "Let's go, baby." I told her grabbing her hand.

We bought our favourite ice cream scoops then sat at a booth in the corner.

Avery starts to eat her ice cream, "How was your day?" I asked her.

"It was good, and the teachers told me that I did good." She said the last part with a big smile as she was proud of her self.

"Woow! What did you do?" I asked her raising my eyebrows.

"At our English class, me and Jamie and another girl in our class are the only ones who get all the alphabets right." She told me and I was surprised that she still remembers them.

That's my baby girl! I knew since I was teaching her the alphabets and the numbers that she is a smart girl.

°°°°

We got home and I helped Avery change and then I changed and we sat to do her homework.

It wasn't a lot. As soon as we finished we had dinner and then started to watch some movies together.

It was soon Avery's bedtime, so I carried her to bed and she was about to close her eyes, I told her," You did so good today. I am so proud of you, baby. I love you." And then kissed her forehead

"I love you too, daddy." She told me with that cute little smile, and then she closed her eyes.

After a few moments, I got up and went to my room and slept.

~~~~

I hope you liked this chapter, plz don't forget to vote and comment!

And also don't forget to follow!